Procurement Assistant65 x bekeken
The OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities (HCNM) promotes conflict prevention and integration of diverse societies. HCNM was established in 1992 to identify and seek early resolution of ethnic tensions that might endanger peace, stability, or friendly relations between OSCE participating States. The office is consists of: the High Commissioner; a Director; area teams comprising political, legal and project advisers/officers; and an administrative and support team. Under the direction of the Senior Administrative Officer, the incumbent forms part of the administrative and support team and has the primary responsibility of managing day-to-day procurement operations.Tasks and Responsibilities:
Issuing tenders and purchase contracts
- Preparing Invitations for Bidding, Requests for Quotation, Requests for Proposal, and pre-qualification notices;
- Assisting in the examination and evaluation of tenders;
- Collecting specifications from technical officers, preparing solicitation documents, participating in bid openings and in the administrative and financial parts of evaluations;
- Administering issuances of tender for items purchased locally (and occasionally internationally);
- Coordinating major purchases;
- Preparing comparative tables for the analysis of bids;
- Conducting market research;
- Following up on deliveries and certifying conformity with purchase orders.
- Reviewing purchase requests to check whether they are complete, are within the allocated budget, and contain detailed technical specifications;
- Monitoring timely delivery of goods and services;
- Maintaining and updating HCNM’s supplier database;
- Collecting information for the preparation of technical and legal contracts;
- Interviewing suppliers to assess their ability to meet the organization’s specifications for performance, price, and delivery of goods and services;
- Obtaining terms of purchase;
- Preparing purchase orders, contracts and contract administration;
- Ensuring accuracy and correctness of standards in accordance with OSCE Procurement Rules and Regulations;
- Maintaining a supplier database in Oracle;
- Briefing staff on the application of Procurement Regulations/Instructions and Oracle Purchasing and Assets Applications.
- Managing all HCNM assets in the Oracle system;
- Tracking and recording asset assignments, donations and sales;
- Reporting to the OSCE Secretariat on asset status and acting as the HCNM Focal Point on all asset issues;
- Coordinating the activities of the HCNM Fund Material Management Committee.
- Secondary education supplemented by formal vocational study in management, business administration, finance or personnel.
- A minimum of four years of experience in procurement or financial management, ideally within an international organization.
- Computer literacy, with practical experience with Oracle and Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- An ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration is approximately EUR 2800 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in The Netherlands. Social benefits include the possibility of participation in Cigna medical insurance and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Organization Name: OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities
Location: The Hague
Closing Date of application: 28-02-2018
How To Apply
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages candidates from all national, religious, ethnic, social, and gender identities to apply to become part of the Organisation.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only among nationals of participating States please see: http://www.osce.org/participating-states.
We thank all applicants and will contact shortlisted applicants. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.Bronlocatie van deze vacature