Amersfoort, Netherlands – Full time
As a Procurement excellence project lead you will be responsible for driving and delivering procurement excellence projects from start to finish, reporting into the Head of Procurement Excellence. As procurement within Nutreco spans the entire globe and focuses on both direct ingredients (micro (vitamins, minerals, etc.) and macro (wheat, corn, fishmeal, etc.)) and indirect spend, the projects you focus on are diverse and challenging.
We have defined our ONE Procurement goals and translated these into procurement excellence projects. You will be able to independently drive some of these projects by:
- Engaging the relevant stakeholders inside and outside procurement and managing this cross-functional team;
- Come up with a project plan including timelines and business case;
- Collect different viewpoints from stakeholders and come up with a solid solution that is pragmatic and sustainable;
- Facilitate (world-wide) implementation and ensure the change sticks.
However, we will also ask you to come up with new improvement ideas to make our way of working in Procurement more effective and increase our overall contribution to Nutreco. You will use your knowledge of ‘what good looks like’ within Procurement to suggest opportunities for improvement to the Procurement Leadership team and challenge them to think outside the box.
“Nutreco really embraces and feeds new technologies.” – Lucia Luijben, investment associate
What are your key accountabilities?
Some of your key focus areas for the next year(s) will be:
- Setup and execution of program to assess supplier sustainability performance and the roll out of Ecovadis as a platform to support this. As ‘Feeding the Future’ is our mission and procurement are a key contributor in the organization to make this happen, this project is complex but important to us. You will work with stakeholders from other Nutreco departments such as Quality, R&D and Sustainability to make this happen.
- Setup and execute an extensive program to improve our traceability of purchased ingredients, this entails both working with suppliers (via colleagues in procurement) to ensure required information is present, developing tooling to ensure data can automatically transfer into our systems and developing reports to use and learn from this information.
- Setup and execution of projects to improve our supplier management capabilities. These include optimizing our supplier onboarding process, rolling out a program for Supplier Relationship Management and identifying our needs on supplier performance management.
- Solidify our procurement process framework and technology landscape to be able to reap more benefits from technology such as eSourcing and contract management.
- Support in keeping the full ONE Procurement transformation agenda on track by following up on progress and deliverables and preparing for decision making on critical topics in the Procurement Leadership team or with the Nutreco Management Board.
What do we offer?
Nutreco belongs to the SHV Family with more than 60.000 employees and we focus on our mission if ‘Feeding the Future’. In a world with limited natural resources, our ambition is to meet the rising food needs of a growing world population in a sustainable manner.
- We will offer you a fulltime hybrid position, 40 hours per week;
- Competitive remuneration package with a good pension scheme;
- You will get 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limited amount of days;
- Working for Nutreco means an impactful role in an international, dynamic environment with complex and diverse topics.
- We offer you the opportunity to grow professionally, within Nutreco and the broarder SHV group
- Flexible work environment with option to work from home several days per week.
What you bring
- You are a self-starter who can engage and motivate a diverse group of stakeholders and get them to work towards a common goal. You are able to find the commonalities instead of the differences and can facilitate discussions with people, so they see this too. You are result oriented and you like to show initiative.
- You likely have 2-5 years of experience in executing and leading improvement projects, either as a consultant or in an analyst or excellence role.
- You have a strong academic background and preferably have experience in designing and implementing procurement improvement projects.
- You are curious and eager to learn about the latest trends in procurement process and technology and able to translate this to the Nutreco business. You have a healthy dose of pragmatism and relate to the fact that we are an agri-business by heart.
- You can analyze a situation or problem by sifting through the details to focus on the root cause. And you are comfortable being the driver of change. You combine your people skills with great planning skills to drive a project forward and ensure we deliver great results on time.
Extra information / Apply direct
Are you the candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by applying online and we will contact you as soon as possible. In case you do apply, we would like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!
For more information regarding this vacancy, you can contact Arzu Sayin (Corporate Recruiter) at +31(0)6 – 57 98 64 90 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all agencies
Please be aware that acquisition based on our vacancies is not appreciated.
Every day, Nutreco’s 12,300 dedicated employees in more than 37 countries across the globe relentlessly pursue our purpose of Feeding the Future in a way that ensures sustainability is front and centre in all we do. Our solutions go beyond nutrition – we provide best-in-class advice and technology to help our customers produce more food, in a sustainable way, to feed our growing population.
With over 100 years of experience, Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition through our Trouw Nutrition division, and in aqua feed through our Skretting division. Our NuFrontiers team works to identify, develop and invest in next-generation breakthrough innovations throughout the value chain.
Nutreco is proud to be part of the SHV Family of Companies, unifying over 50,000 people around the world.