Procurement for the Professional Services Category
Employee | Facilities & Procurement | Professional | Amsterdam | 2023-08-21 | REQ-10057676 | Salary indication 4,240 EUR – 6,882 EUR based on 36 hours
Change, renewal and transformation has been in our DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience. Procurement is about supporting the transformation process and the innovation culture, therefore we are hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, commitment to excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
Your new role and responsibilities
From a Procurement perspective ING Netherlands has interests in a full and wide range of activities – everything related to IT, Marketing & Communications, & Professional Services. All NL’s purchasing activities in these fields are safeguarded us. The exposure as well as the impact of this role is beyond the boundaries of Procurement. To be successful, you must have a strong passion for procurement and for setting high standards for yourself as well as for the people around you.
For this role, the ideal candidate will have gained procurement experience with a focus on the professional services category, to gain control of an escalating spend through skillful sourcing, supplier management and stakeholder engagement.
Your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Stakeholder management. You are comfortable working with, influencing and getting buy-in from a wide array of senior and non-senior stakeholders
- You provide ongoing category planning and management for the professional services area, including SRM, reporting, pipelining and assist with the strategic direction of the Bank’s approach to consultancy procurement
- You develop, negotiate and manage contracts and suppliers with minimum supervision, through scorecards, periodic business reviews; measuring contract compliance and other key metrics to ensure targets are met or exceeded, system data is updated timely and accurately, and value is being constantly and consistently delivered to the business under the supply agreements.
- You lead supplier contracts negotiations through preparation and focus on business, procurement, and financial risks (i.e. cost, market, industry risks), Supplier Intelligence, and Contract Cost/Price Modelling. This involves counterparty financial strength analysis, intelligence/research, pricing analytics, financial modelling, and presentation skills related to highly complex and high value contract
- You manage contacts with existing suppliers and know how to get new interesting players out of the market, provide them with the right questions, and challenge them optimally. You conduct negotiations, work on new contracts and are responsible for the continuity of the existing relationships.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. Furthermore, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of work experience within Procurement and preferably CIPS Level 6 or Nevi Professional and Expert (1 & 2) diploma (or comparable)
- Demonstrable experience in the end-to-end lifecycle of projects for the Professional Services category
- You have all required skills and knowledge of the legal aspects of the Procurement field
- Excellent analytical skills in the financial and economic field and an excellent negotiator
Do you want your work to have impact bank wide? Then we are looking for you! Please submit your CV and your cover letter.
What we offer
You will be part of a vibrant, diverse, and high performing team, having a job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We consider your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 12-month contract with view to extend
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Relocation is provided within the EU
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!
Questions about this opportunity?
Feel free to contact Sandra de Klerk, Recruiter. e-mail: email@example.com