Procurement Intern635 x bekeken
Specialismes: Product Related
Hours per week: 40 hours
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world.
The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Procurement Intern for Exclusive Brand Frame & Sunglasses
The Internship will take place in the GrandVision Global Supply Chain Department – in Procurement Department, Exclusive House Brands Frames & Sunglasses team.
Global Sourcing & Pricing Manager Exclusive Brands Frames Sunglasses
Main purpose of the role and areas of responsibilities for the internship of EB F&S Procurement Team:
Key task of the Supplier Management is the Supplier performance management, which is a business practice that is used to measure, analyse, and manage supplier’s performance in an effort to cut costs, alleviate risks, and drive continuous improvement. The ultimate intent is to identify potential issues and their root causes so that they can be resolved to everyone’s benefit as early as possible.
Effective supplier performance management ensures that a supplier’s performance meets the expectations defined in the contract and against market norms. It includes the management of actual performance, identification of performance gaps and agreement of actions to achieve desired performance levels. Supplier performance management not only ensures that those benefits identified in the contracting stage are delivered, but that value delivery continues for the life of the contract. GV’s success is very much dependent on the performance of strategic suppliers. Ultimately, the objective of Supplier performance management is to improve the performance of all parties involved in the contract / Service Level Agreement
The Intern will focus on the following 3 Key area during his/her internship:
- Supplier KPI-Scorecard. Suppliers have to perform in different areas of our business and are being rated accordingly from our Quality Control Department, our Product Development Teams and our Planning/Logistic Organization. During the Internship we consolidate the input from the different areas and each season rates the supplier on an aggregated level to be able to make analytical and strategic supplier decisions.
- 2nd tier component supplier nomination support on process with desk research and competitor analysis
- Team admin support : i.e: Supplier fact sheet update, Factory audit communication & process, Factory qaulity document management in SharePoint, organization of the Supplier Fair agendas (MIDO, SILMO), organization of EB and DPL supplier visit trips
Required qualifications/level of education
- Finished relevant degree
Core competencies, skill / Personal attributes
- Fluent English (written & spoken)
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs, specially Excel indispensable – knowledge of Macro is a plus +++
- Good analyse capability
- Good sense of task organization, attentive to detail, accurate
- Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact.
- Positive, can do attitude
Please bare in mind that due to work permit requirements this vacancy is limited to candidates who hold an EU citizenship and are registered residents of the Netherlands.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.
- 1st interview
- 2nd interview