About the Role
How you will contribute
- Purchase automated solutions for sortation, robotics, storage, autonomous mobile robots, AVG’s, warehouse integration, process equipment and other categories of items as assigned.
- Develop contract documents and lead RFP/RFQ/RFI process to qualify, evaluate, negotiate, select vendor(s), complete contracts and issue Purchase Orders. Perform internal reviews with key stakeholders to ensure the scope, system function, KPIs, service levels, contract language, acceptance criteria, cost and solution is fit for the purposes intended.
- Generate and maintain accurate records according to established procedures for quotes, cost estimates, items, tooling, purchase orders, supplier performance, and category spend analysis.
- Provide automation solution pricing including Capex and operational costs based on engineering requirements to support the Business
- Development bid process.
- Provide project launch and contract management support to ensure that all contract milestones and deliverables are successfully completed on time and in budget.
- Identify opportunity areas (e.g. standardization, supplier consolidation, new technologies, etc.), communicate potential opportunities internally and initiate activities to assemble appropriate resources to pursue opportunity areas.
- Deliver annual cost savings as specified in Business Plan and Objectives (Capex, EBITDA, and cost avoidance).
- Perform reviews of strategic agreements to ensure suppliers are meeting contract obligations. This will include assessing the support model (service levels, KPIs, help desk, preventative maintenance), periodic supplier performance reviews, supplier development plans, and resolve any invoice discrepancies.
- Conform to the processes and requirements of the quality management system.
What you bring
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required and relevant experience in purchasing.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automated material handling systems.
- 5+ years related purchasing experience with sourcing complex technology solutions
- Certified or actively seeking certification in National Purchasing Management Association or similar.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels internally and externally.
- Proficiency on computers, using Microsoft Office products, and SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills – written and oral to deal with a wide range of customers-both internal and external.
- Fluent both spoken and written in English.
- Ability to travel 25%.
At syncreon we are fully committed to the health and safety of our employees. We have full prevention and mitigation processes in place, including cleaning and sanitization practices, as well as screenings, masks and social distancing. syncreon complies with national, state and local orders.
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
At syncreon, we partner with customers, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon to provide specialized logistics, operational excellence and value added solutions in: Fulfillment, eCommerce & Value-Add Solutions, Manufacturing Support & Assembly Services, Export Packing, Transportation Management and Reverse, Repair & Service Parts.
We specialize in the design and operation of supply chain solutions for Automotive, Technology, Consumer Home Products, Industrial, Healthcare & MedTech companies. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and superb career opportunities.
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process may be required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with the applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Engineer, Procurement, ERP, Business Development, Quality Manager, Engineering, Operations, Technology, Sales, Quality