Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands – Corporate – 11/22/2022
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic approach to supplier spend and supplier management within the three Business Areas (Places, Mobility, Resilience) and the Enabling Functions, with the goal of reducing supplier cost to Arcadis, rationalizing the supplier base, and increasing supplier quality, service, and compliance.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the negotiation of large and complex contracts and developing and implementing sound Procurement policies. She/he will focus personally on the procurement of direct spend and supports the procurement of indirect spend.The Procurement Manager will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles, and practices to be applied in the engineering and construction industry, with experience in program management and project types including consulting, environmental engineering, and design-build. The Procurement Manager will understand how the procurement functions integrate with and impact other functions in the project delivery process.
Procurement Manager – Netherlands reports directly to the Direct Procurement Director Europe and have a dotted reporting line to the Country Director of the Netherlands. Procurement Manager – Netherlands is a member of the Arcadis Procurement Group.
- The Procurement Manager will lead, train and grow a team of Procurement Professionals responsible for Direct and Indirect procurement in the Netherlands.
- Managing major sub-contracts to ensure projects/programmes are achieved on time & within budget (improving performance).
- Negotiating effective deals with suppliers/service providers.
- Managing and continually improving the 3rd Party Engagement process to align to business blueprint working with the Procurement Operations and Audit Manager.
- Manage supplier selection and development. Ensuring supplier compliance in line with standard supplier on-boarding and due diligence.
- Develop agreed sourcing strategies and implementing active supplier performance management reviews.
- Identify principal risks and opportunities for subcontracting/procurement and support the project teams to mitigate them.
- The Procurement Manager will be a point of escalation and reviewer for contractual terms, risks, business cases and sign off for procurement activity when appropriate.
- Minimise total cost through exploiting and contributing to Arcadis group leverage and market awareness, negotiating supplier prices, contract terms and improvement programmes as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to and support Procurement policies, procedures, and systems to implement a uniform method of work approaches that delivers exceptional performance values for Arcadis and its clients.
Key shared accountabilities
- Managing the Supply Chain & relationships through regular reviews of KPI in conjunction with project teams.
- Work with business managers and procurement team to agree and implement organisational improvements that introduce
- Procurement rigour to minimise risk and maximise opportunities.
- Support in Health & Safety, Sustainability and Quality audits.
- Be a key-user for the Procure to Pay process of Oracle.
- Strategic Sourcing Priorities for spend in the Netherlands
- Relationships with key suppliers
- Cost savings and tracking
- Project sourcing decisions
- Sustainable procurement initiatives
- Activities that do not align with the Global Procurement Policy, Arcadis General Business Principles, Arcadis Global Sustainability Policy/Goals or Arcadis Human Rights and Labour Policy.
The candidate should have the follow knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or similar field.
- 10-12 years of Procurement experience in an engineering, construction, infrastructure, or similar industry. Demonstrated Project Procurement experience.
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate themselves and others.
- Ability to lead transformations and bring people on a journey to the unknown, creating a sense of stability and security in uncertain times, avoiding change fatigue.
- Creating high performing teams, communicating vision and purpose, engaging others, and ensuring aligned objectives. Caring for employee wellbeing and recognizing and celebrating success.
- Mentoring and sponsoring people coming through the business and from outside. Proactively, supporting communities and social initiatives, and showing attention for the planet and sustainability.
- Possesses a strong client focus, as demonstrated by a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work assignments and new learning opportunities.
- Ability to clearly articulate point of view orally and in writing; ability to quickly grasp business objectives and strategies and how service offerings support the attainment of those objectives.
- Work independently and consistently in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Experience in managing internal business relationships at senior level.
- High level of understanding of contracts, specification/statement of work creation and supplier performance management.
- (Conceptual) knowledge of the Procure to Pay process in combination with the support of the relevant ERP systems. Good level of proficiency in business computer applications including Excel skills.
- A qualified member of CIPS and/or Nive is a plus.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Aligned to the Arcadis Leadership model we seek leaders with a strong fit to our leadership success profile, to build and drive our culture of inclusion, accountability, human-centricity, and sustainability. Successful leaders at Arcadis will possess strong learning agility, combined with a balanced mix of being curious, driving success and igniting passion.
- Demonstrate and develop curiosity in oneself and others, bringing clients and Arcadians on a journey of discovery and co-creation.
- Are digitally-savvy, entrepreneurial and innovative.
- Build organizational networks that are value-adding, engaging and purposeful.
- Incorporate a human-centric, experimentation and continuous learning mindset to lead innovation and transformation.
- Actively engage diverse points of view and manage healthy issues-based conflict.
- Create a sense of shared ownership and accountability balancing this with decisiveness and holding others to account for delivery.
- Take ownership for own responsibility, creating clarity and motivating and aligning others.
- Internalize organizational goals, making them one’s own personal stretch goals.
- Outcomes focused and tackle challenges head-on.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in general, and specifically with regards to sustainable solutions.
- Actively shape the future of the organization.
- Apply an adaptive style to engagement that is culturally sensitive and appeals to the personal needs of others.
- Bring clarity and manage anxiety in others, through clear communication and inspiring storytelling.
- Integrate their work, helping others make the connection between their work and the bigger picture.
- Maintain personal resilience and rebound from setbacks and help others to do the same.
- Build trust through authenticity, demonstrating integrity and courage regarding own convictions.