- Full time
- NL – Rotterdam
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Ref. R38205
Job Description Summary
Co-located with the country/ Area dispatch team to allow for short lead times, from the start, you will be responsible for independently executing end-to-end sourcing projects for the region/country/Area that reduce Cost, improve Profitability or enhance Procurement efficiency. This includes understanding supplier operating models, executing the ideal negotiation strategies and implementing process changes across multiple departments within or outside of the procurement organisation. You will provide local procurement solutions at a pace that fits the evolving business needs.
The focus in this role will be on strengthening (and creating for new L&S categories where necessary) vendor relationships and driving contractual performance in country to support the Maersk Logistics and Services Strategy.
Our function also needs to ensure contract implementation. Cooperating with a broad variety of stakeholders is part of the daily job; suppliers, stakeholders across all Maersk brands (Maersk, Hamburg Sud, APMT IS, Sealand, KGH etc). The role will therefore be instrumental in developing structure, planning and on-time execution of contracts and end to end category management.
The role reports directly to the Head of Logistics & Services Procurement (based in Rotterdam) and is focussed on procurement & L&S projects within the NWC Area, with support as needed for other Areas as needed.
- Manages procurement projects, as per the Six Sourcing Steps across a wide range of procurement areas with responsibility for the North West Continent (NWC) Area
- According to authority level, manage, handle or participate in negotiations for L&S contracts, tariffs and Service Level Agreements within your scope.
- Act as an escalation point internally towards suppliers (and vice versa)
- Calculate and plan to maximise contractual values and mitigate risk
- Cooperating closely with colleagues and stakeholders in LOC, and within Maersk Line & Hamburg Sud with Area, CEN L&S Category Management, Inland Network Design, Area Product, and other LOC/Regional centres.
- Strategic, tactical & adhoc Procurement activities within the region (providing local solutions by applying local knowledge)
- Participate in cross functional NEU LOC projects (within PRO, or outside of PRO)
- Perform supplier market analysis and organise market intelligence for suppliers in scope and benchmark Maersk L&S costs with competition and ensure we are cost competitive.
- Support Inland Profitable Growth Initiatives• Facilitate root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
- Support other Procurement Managers where needed•Upon request, engage in Annual Priority, Joint Cost Plan initiatives, and other cross functional projects.
- Develop Category Management Excellence Framework for your areas & lead SRM for key suppliers
Who we are looking for
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated Negotiations skills
- Experience within Supplier Relationship Management, supply chain and & Contract Management
- Experience with digital procurement tools will be an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and strong communication skills
- Comfortable with working in an ambiguous environment, with an agile mindset
- Customer and process improvement mindset;
- Demonstrated market knowledge in landside transportation and/or logistics and services procurement and/or cold chain and contract logistics within the Netherlands and interdependence on surrounding countries
- Track record of leading complex sourcing projects
- Customer mindset- an understanding of how customer needs relate to procurement activities
- Ability to exercise impact with or without direct authority;
- Ability to constructively challenge the safe choice
- Fluent English is a must, Dutch will be an asset
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.