- Posted: 09-01-2023
- Job requisition id: R4058
- Company: Prologis
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 72 million square meters in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Are you a team player that loves an ever-changing environment and not afraid of a challenge?
As Procurement Manager Essentials, you will focus on our Prologis Essentials Platform which is comprised of goods and services Prologis offers as turnkey solutions to our customers. This is a revenue generating procurement model and the role will focus on sourcing, negotiating, and onboarding of suppliers that will partner with Prologis to deliver warehouse needs that our customers desire (see below). In order to enhance our Portfolio of suppliers, you will collaborate with suppliers to develop mutually beneficial deal structures while supporting the product development and sales team to deliver cost competitive and quality goods and services to our customers. This is a fast paced and entrepreneurial position that supports the sales team to achieve targets and grow the business. The position will be based in Amsterdam.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Source and develop relationships with suppliers across various categories (racking, generators, furniture, moving & relocation, smart building solutions, pallet wrapping, LED lighting to name a few warehouse specific categories).
- Communicate and introduce new Essentials product offerings and also communicate regular updates within your region and own sales education training and internal communication on the topic
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with internal Prologis teams and service as the primary point of contact for our preferred vendor partners from initial discovery through service delivery
- Ability to negotiate revenue generating deal structures with suppliers and implement contracts that will offer cost competitive turnkey solutions to our customers while also driving internal sales.
- Responsible for the execution of multiple sourcing projects by working with product development and sales team in identifying:
- customer and operational needs.
- communicating business plans and priorities.
- set up category RFP’s and negotiate terms with suppliers.
- removing barriers and obstacles that impact supplier performance.
- identifying performance standards.
- measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly.
- developing contingency plans.
- implement Agreements and LOI’s
- Coordinate vendor onboarding and work with product development to effectively communicate and educate our sales team of solution offerings. (example: how to sell generator options to customers).
- Partner management by understanding the needs of partners, jointly develop clear requirements, set and handle accurate expectations.
- Collaborate and listen to what your colleagues in the field and learn from their experience
- Travel as needed (10%-20% domestically and internationally) to meet business objectives.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 5+ years of work experience including sourcing and procurement experience such as supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, program development and partner management.
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to create revenue generating deal structures.
- Prefer experience in goods for resale procurement or highly motivated sales driven nature.
- Previous experience supporting product development and sales teams a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (supply chain / logistics and/or Business Management preferred)
- Shown success in leading sophisticated projects and categories, reducing TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), delivering significant savings, mitigating risks and improving service levels.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in complex cross functional teams.
- Analytical skills, problem solving, logical and methodical problem solver.
- Communication skills: Proactively engage business partners, building relationships, interacting with senior level executives authoritatively.
- Demonstrates integrity & builds trust: Promote, practice, and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Strong integrity – calm, organized, conscientious, positive demeanor and vigilant.
- Excellent in Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Strong math and cost modeling skills.
- Fluency in English and another European language (French, German, Spanish or Italian are a plus)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible/Hybrid working environment (famously called our flexibility philosophy because we understand that one size does not fit all)
- 25 days leave vacation
- We pay 50% of your monthly total health insurance premiums
- Commuting allowance
- Gym membership
- Parental leave (24 weeks maternity and 12 weeks fully paid partner leave)
- Free lunch at the office (3 x per week)
- Home office budget (once off EUR 400)
- Life insurance
- Education benefit
- Several wellnesses services
- Corporate credit card
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.