Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products, we are investing in the production of clean hydrogen fuel for the mobility sector to decarbonize heavy-duty vehicles. We are also the global leader in creating technology solutions for capturing CO₂ from fossil fuel conversion before it reaches the atmosphere. Furthermore, the gases we produce and distribute are helping reduce food waste, are supplied to hospitals and are used in many other markets. In short: you probably use our products every day, you just don’t realise it!
With an 80-year track record and first-mover ambitions, our 19,000 strong team have made us world-leaders in areas such as carbon capture and hydrogen. Our core competency is an ability to develop, execute, own, and operate some of the world’s largest and most complex industrial gas projects, including one of the world’s largest green hydrogen projects: NEOM.
Our people are making a difference to the world every day. Thinking globally and acting locally, every voice is heard, and everyone knows they belong and matter. Our higher purpose is to bring people around the world together, so that they can, in an open environment, collaborate and innovate solutions to some of the most significant energy and environmental challenges we all face.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Sourcing Specialist – Production sites – Northern Continent!
- Req No.: 39507BR
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Organization: Global Industrial Gases
- Business Sector / Division: Industrial Gases EMEA
- Region: Europe
- Country: Netherlands, Rotterdam, Botlek
Context of the role:
The procurement team, based in Rotterdam Botlek, Hattingen, Diegem and Lyon, is responsible for managing all strategic and tactical activities related to the direct and indirect spend that includes the facilities services and equipment for all operating plants and offices in the Northern Continent (Netherlands, Belgium, France & Germany).
As our Procurement Sourcing Specialist – Production sites, you will:
- Develop and execute procurement strategies for a total spend of 21 million USD in the category of
- Operating plant spend for Netherlands, Belgium France & Germany
- On site services (Scaffolding, Mechanical, E&I, Cranage etc)
- Equipment (Motors, Compressors, Cooling towers etc)
- Manage and support all activities related to tactical procurement (<$100K) for these categories
- Manage and execute all activities related to strategic procurement (>$100K) for these categories
- Work closely with the European Sourcing team
- Act as a single point of contact from procurement for specific business
- Prioritise and manage workload between tactical and strategic procurement
- Develop annual sourcing plans for the above commodity, working with the European category owner, with clear priorities and savings target.
- Define category spend, identify opportunities for cost reduction, risk reduction to generate better value for stakeholders.
- Develop sourcing strategies for the respective categories and implement them within the deadlines set in the category plan
- Participate in all service level review agreements for the major existing contracts within this portfolio
- Manage and resolve any conflicts with existing suppliers related to service performance or other issues such as invoice discrepancy.
- Identify areas for improvement/simplification in the RTP-process or any other process related to procurement
- Propose and implement the required change for improvement
- Review terms and conditions and commercial terms for new contracts.
- Work with legal team and category sourcing specialist to ensure that all commercial and legal risks are mitigated through appropriate commercial and legal clauses
- Engage stakeholders in the NC Supply chain and Plant Operations at all levels to get the required support on the recommended sourcing strategy.
- Develop relationship with stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensuring procurement is involved as a strategic partner.
- Conduct RFP, RFQ events, market research, supplier risk evaluation
- Develop thorough knowledge and market intelligence for the respective categories
- Process purchase orders and agreements, manage invoice issues or any other type of commercial issues related to specific order /agreement
- Lead any supplier relationship management programs and develop relationship with key suppliers and their senior management to extract the best value for the organization
- Contract management of existing hauliers and Plant OPS contracts. Arrange annual meetings with key suppliers. Contract view. Ensuring KPI are adhere to.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent written and oral Dutch, English, French & German language capabilities
- Procurement within a SAP environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
- Nevi I and II (pre)
- Significant years of experience in procurement in the operational contracts
- Experience in contract formation, purchasing terms and conditions
- Category management
- Contract management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Implementation of Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-starter, capable of taking ownership of issues and resolving them
- Stakeholder/Relationship management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning (management of priorities) and presentation skills
- Working in cross functional teams
- Taking initiatives and drive change
- Team player
What We Offer:
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking on the button below and APPLY now.