- Req Id: 7137
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Location: Schiedam Office, NL
- The PPM (Project Procurement Manager) is responsible for the Procurement of Equipment, Services and Materials to be issued to Fabrication yards.
- The PPM will supervise the Project Procurement Team and ensure that all procured equipment and materials are delivered on site, on time, within budget and that quality is controlled as per the project inspection plans.
- The PPM organizes and coordinates activities of Package Buyers, Expeditors, Logistics Coordinators, Inspection Coordinators and Vendor Document Controller.
Task & Responsibilities
The PPM will:
- Establish a comprehensive project resource and mobilization plan
- Produce a project procurement plan
Attend all Project Progress Meetings in order to identify the scope of procurement services required for the project and anticipate potential revisions
- Review and approve purchase requisitions
- Ensure the Purchase Orders are issued in compliance with Project schedule and budget (or target)
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Manager and Procurement Services Manager to select project procurement strategies
- Assure that changing market conditions are assessed, analyzed and communicated so that market opportunities may be realized
- Investigate opportunities to consolidate corporate equipment / material requirements and coordinate with relevant SBM Offshore subsidiaries.
In addition, the PPM will compile project bidders list from Corporate Supplier Database or Client Approved Vendor List;
- Manage purchasing package documentation RFQ’s, PR’s, etc.
- Manage vendor bid evaluations and vendor selection process
- Ensure all relevant QA & HSE, Project and Corporate Procedures related to procurement activities are understood and enforced by the entire Procurement Team
- Ensure that QA has approved potential vendors throughout procurement process of project; define RFQ packages and assign Project Buyers
- Monitor progress, forecast delivery and forwarding dates
- Monitor project procurement expenditure and cost forecast and provide management with comprehensive procurement reports
- Manage and resolve contractual issues
- Management purchase order contract files including correspondence
- May act as Project Buyer for major equipment packages deemed “Critical” and or deemed “High Value” if required
- Ensure potential suppliers for equipment and materials are approved by the project
- Provide a section for the Final Project Report covering procurement and vendor assessments upon completion of the project
- Oversee set-up and maintenance of the Procurement Database (NADIA).
Education & Experience
SBM Schiedam is looking for applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field of Engineering or Business Administration and a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Lead Buyer or PPM with an Oil and Gas or EPC company. This experience should include team lead, management, or supervisory experience. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep procurement experience in the offshore, marine or petrochemical industry. International travel may be required
Furthermore, you are or you have:
- a self- starter who possesses good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- great Time Management skills;
- Leadership skills and proactive behavior;
- Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes;
- Willingness to travel;
Fluent in English (both written and verbally)