Project Procurement Manager – Netherlands (Fluent Dutch)
Gustav Mahlerplein, 1082 MC Amsterdam, Amsterdam (or ‘s-Hertogenbosch) – Netherlands, Full-time
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Statkraft Group Procurement is responsible for category management and execution of procurement in large projects within all technologies such as Hydropower, Onshore and Offshore Wind, and Solar power across Europe, South Asia and South America. Group Procurement is also responsible for procurement processes, systems, methods and following up on a sustainable supply chain. The department consists of around 100 procurement specialists. For our Dutch office, We are looking for a strong Project Procurement Manager who has good commercial, analytical and interpersonal skills and is committed to adding value and supporting our growth ambitions within renewable power in the Netherlands.
Among your role:
- Responsability over procurement for solar and battery storage projects and/or onshore wind projects in the Netherlands.
- Work on the procurement of equipment and construction services for projects and shall manage the overall coordination, procurement planning and execution of the major contracts.
- Handle all phases from early oversight of engineering and development, to contracting strategy; contractor market analysis; supplier prequalification; supply chain sustainability; managing the tendering process and major contract negotiations.
- Negotiate best possible commercial and legal terms with identified suppliers, with respect to the contracting priorities driven by each project’s financial model.
- Lead and coordinate all the internal stakeholders, such as engineering, project management, legal and/or finance during the tender activities.
- Follow up contracts & projects, managing claims and non-conformities in close cooperation with the project manager and securing efficient execution of all procurement activities.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with contractors in the relevant markets.
- Effective and efficient contract management and order fulfilment.
- Liaise with development, engineering, and project management to develop, review and challenge the technical specifications, scope of works and commercial packages of the projects for the competitiveness of the tender.
- Be responsible for the interface internally and externally for all aspects of project procurement in the Netherlands, providing support when required to the business development team for the new projects and M&A opportunities.
- Work closely with category managers and sourcing managers.
- min 5 years of experience in large/complex energy construction purchasing/contracting, ideally within the renewable sector in the Netherlands but also desirable experience in handling other countries at European level
- Highly valuable Construction Knowledge.
- Master’s degree in relevant area
- Significant experience of working with international suppliers & contractors, negotiating and procuring cost reduction.
- Experience of Supplier Evaluation processes.
- Knowledge of contractors for the relevant markets
- An understanding of manufacturing, transport methods, supply chains, costs and processes.
- A strong legal understanding of the purchasing process, preferable FIDIC contract structure
- Able to master negotiations and draw up contracts in Dutch and English
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Experience of using procurement platforms (ideally Jaegger).
Statkraft’s vision is to renew the way the world is powered. To navigate the complex journey ahead, we need every voice at the table. We therefore work actively to be a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome all applicants regardless of background, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnicity, nationality or disability.