Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry? If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen MidSized Vessels! We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Project Purchaser Nice to meet you! We are Damen MidSized Vessels. We deliver maritime projects for various markets like e.g. defence & security, public transport, offshore and dredging. Our projects are Engineered to Order (ETO). This means we are involved throughout the project from the commercial phase, building the PM strategy, until commissioning, delivery and warranty. This makes our work very challenging because the environment is complex and we have a lot of stakeholders. We work in close corporation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives
Are you a good fit for the Project Purchaser position at Damen MidSized Vessels? Now or in the near future? As Project Purchaser, you are responsible for realizing the procurement of various goods and services for different new building projects. You as Project Purchaser are responsible within the project team for Quality, Logistics, Time, Cost, Risk (QLTCR) for the supply chain activities of the project. Next to the procurement of scopes, the Project Purchaser is accountable for the entire project’s Supply Chain team which is distributed across several entities both in the Netherlands and abroad.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Leading the project Supply Chain team supporting the Project Manager;
- Based on engineering information communicate with suppliers and optimize the specifications and quotations;
- Negotiating, contracting and purchasing (large) packages with (standard) materials, installations, equipment, semi-finished products and main components;
- Proactively make suggestions for purchasing alternatives within the project team and developing new suppliers and maintaining existing relationships;
- Create, execute and maintain supply chain plan within the project team;
- Having a proactive attitude about suggesting improvements within the procurement process.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We ask our future Project Purchaser to come prepared with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree Technical or Commercial
- NEVI I and preferable NEVI II;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience within Shipbuilding, Technical Projects or equivalent is a plus;
- Excellent negotiation skills with respect for supplier relationship;
- Experience working with an ERP system (preferable IFS and/or SAP), PowerBI and MS Office (Teams, Sharepoint, Excel);
- Knowledge and experience in optimizing and supporting Supply Chain processes.
- Result-oriented, a ” Project Purchaser ” with initiative and management skills;
- Mastery of Dutch and English;
- Communicating effectively with team members, stakeholders and suppliers;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Project Purchaser with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Able to travel for about 20-25% of the time, including travelling abroad.
WHAT WE OFFER
We want to make sure you are a happy Project Purchaser, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that’s why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them. We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
About Damen: Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future. Still with us and ready to apply? Apply online for the position of Project Purchaser by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more information? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) at 06-10265593
Damen Mid-Sized Vessels does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.