Amsterdam – Permanent – Work from home
- Do you enjoy negotiation and stakeholder management?
- Procurement, Negotiation, Technical Buying
About Our Client
Our client is a technical wholesaler specialised in transport wheels. Their biggest markets are mainly in the Netherlands and Belgium. They develop custom wheels for their customers in collaboration with their suppliers. Optimal purchasing and logistics processes, which take place in Germany, Italy, China, the Netherlands, and Belgium, are essential to the success of the company. For the coming years, the organisation aims to develop customers who categorise themselves as wholesale buyers of high-quality wheels.
As a purchase manager, you will search for suitable suppliers based on the requests from the sales department with which a competitive offer can be made for the customer. You negotiate about quality, price, delivery time and delivery conditions. You further research and analyse options for cost control and improving purchasing conditions. You are an enthusiastic, driven, and thorough buyer who is not afraid of commerce.
- Negotiating with suppliers regarding the purchase of goods (equipment) and services.
- Setting up and implementing a purchasing strategy in coordination with other disciplines, in particular sales and logistics.
- Analysing and assessing supplier performance.
- Ensuring an optimal stock composition and adequate delivery times, monitoring, and optimising these.
- Set up structure and methods for monitoring delivery times.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with a technical background (experience or study).
- 3+ years of experience as a technical buyer (sourcing from China is essential).
- Experience with working with third party manufacturers.
- You are technically oriented and can read technical drawings.
- You are commercially driven and have an eye for the entire process.
- Product and market knowledge is an advantage.
- You have broad knowledge of logistics processes, business processes and systems.
- You have strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- As a person you are result-oriented, accurate, proactive, negotiating skills, quality-oriented and it is a pleasure to work with you.
What’s on Offer
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions.
- A challenging role in a growing and international organisation.
Sector Procurement & Supply Chain
Sub Sector Direct Procurement
Industry Industrial / Manufacturing
Jobs by location Amsterdam
Contract Type Permanent
Consultant Adebusola Adekunbi
Job Reference JN-122022-5864713
Remote or office Work from home