- 5916 PH Venlo
Summary of Duties & Essential functions
- Obtains competitive bids on purchased parts within defined product area.
- Negotiates and establishes purchase contracts with suppliers that have been evaluated as having the lowest overall cost.
- Evaluates and negotiates all vendor price increases in an attempt to minimize cost impact.
- Determines production requirements and dock dates by running shortage reports and communicating with production planners.
- Obtains appropriate signature levels for purchase orders; prepares the order; enters the information in the computer; and mails the final contract.
- Expedites materials from suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Works with the Quality Assurance and Engineering departments to verify the accuracy of Non-Conforming Material Reports before returning materials to suppliers.
- Obtains corrective action reports from suppliers to ensure that quality problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Supports the Engineering and Manufacturing departments on new product requirements to ensure that program deadlines are met.
- Meets with suppliers and manufacturers’ representatives to obtain information concerning pricing, quality, availability and delivery of parts.
- Attends scheduled production planning and engineering meetings.
- Evaluates Engineering Change Notices for cost or delivery impacts and to coordinate implementation of changes with suppliers.
- Provides monthly purchasing reports.
- Trains departments in purchasing system and procedures.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
Summary of minimum qualifications
- Education and experience equivalent to a related MBO+ or Bachelor’s Degree and you have completed the Dutch Association for
- Procurement Management (NEVI) course.
- A minimum of three years of purchasing experience in a Production environment.
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in Dutch as well in English.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate excellent with vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of business mathematics.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world. To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.