Introduction Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 1.8 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
Damen Maritime Ventures is a new division within Damen and part of Damen’s overall efforts to drive the transformation of the shipbuilding industry and shape the future of maritime solutions. Our effective, efficient and pragmatic strategic portfolio management enables our division to maximize shareholder impact, by adding value through collaboration and pro-active engagement with and between our maritime ventures. We connect our ventures and ideas with operational expertise and world-class infrastructure. We scale the most promising ideas to deliver meaningful impact to Damen. By setting up an ecosystem we strive to further sustain profitable growth through carefully governed meaningful (ad)ventures.
By acting rapidly and agile on existing and new opportunities we can differentiate ourselves from competition and becoming leading in our selected distinct product, service and local shipbuilding markets.
Some products do not fit the Damen divisional structure but do require a project organization that can execute and build them. Within Damen Maritime Ventures we are creating an entity focusing on these products. The Cargo Vessels market is currently strong and 10 projects have been sold in recent months and we expect more will follow. In addition, products such as pontoons and perhaps more in the future, are sub-contracted to this newly created project organization entity. We are building this entity from scratch which creates various inspiring vacancies. We require (new) colleagues that are willing to help each other, go the extra mile, think across their own discipline, jump-in for assistance as needed. A “start-up” that requires a can-do mentality. Do apply when this (ad)venture triggers the positive energy in you!
As a buyer you are responsible for the entire purchasing process; you put out requests, ensure timely deliveries and handle invoices. You as a buyer always know the latest status of deliveries and problems and keep this data up to date in our ERP program. In addition, you as a purchaser know how to keep the costs within the purchasing budget and you are strong in maintaining relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Requesting and evaluating quotes based on technical specifications;
- Follow market developments;
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers;
- Performing administrative processing and aftercare;
- Checking warranty agreements made and coordinating these with the category buyer; • Actively expediting and monitoring timely and correct deliveries.
- Communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Buyer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Well able to manage expectations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You have a relevant bachelor diploma and relevant experience;
- You enjoy working in a team, are effective at planning and organizing, willing to learn new skills sets and you are results focused;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language;
- Availability of 32-40 hours per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- An active social environment such as events and sports.
We look forward to meeting you! Need more information? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93.
Damen Maritime Ventures does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.
- Reference number NL01369
- Location Drachten
- Country The Netherlands
- Teams Supply Chain
- Company Damen Shipyards Group
- Product Group Damen Maritime Ventures