Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs. Damen aims at fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time. We are driven to provide optimal solutions for our clients. The goal is to develop, design and construct a portfolio of tugs, stationary dredgers and high speed crafts in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Our vessels are built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and The Netherlands.
As a Purchaser Workboats, you are responsible for the procurement of components for workboats (engines, systems, windows, valves etc) . Because of the high number of workboats we produce per year, we are building those vessels on stock and we customize them based on client requirements. Flow is an important matter in this business. Therefore in the procurement process, it is key that in-time procurement is assured. The products are mostly standard (or pre-defined) and prices are mostly pre-defined in frame work agreements. Aspects like in-time placing orders, expediting and assuring all logistic requirements are an important part of your job. You will work in a multidisciplinary team, representing Procurement, Material Coordination, Engineering and Project Management.
As a Purchaser Workboats you:
- Are responsible for a part or the entire Purchasing process of workboats depending on complexity; Ensure the purchase of implemented standards, in collaboration with engineering;
- You are continuously monitoring and aligning the procurement planning with the Material Coordinator and the shipyard to ensure the production planning;
- Always know the latest status of deliveries and issues and will keep this data up to date in our ERP program;
- Have the ability to mitigate risks in the supply chain by searching for alternative sourcing possibilities;
- Have a pro-active attitude towards internal and external stakeholders and in time escalation of risks;
- Actively contribute to improvement programs to optimize the supply chain of goods.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
In this role as a Purchaser, you bring:
- A Bachelor degree preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering;
- At least 3 years working in Supply Chain or Procurement, preferably in a process driven industry;
- Experience with working in a commercial environment;
- Ability to set up a structured way of working;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written;
- Experience with working in ERP systems;
- Hands-on mentality, with a service-oriented approach.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. That is why we continually invest in your development! Damen offers you:
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation; • A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave (in case of fulltime employment);
- Travel allowance;
- Focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
About Damen: Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future. Still with us and ready to apply? Apply online for the position of Purchaser by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need more information? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink, 06-10265593.
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.
- Reference number NL00993
- Location Gorinchem
- Country The Netherlands
- Teams Supply Chain
- Product Group Damen Workboats
- Company Damen Shipyards Gorinchem