Purchasing Buyer, Logistics
Amsterdam / Purchasing & Supply Chain / Full-Time
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This position will focus on logistics purchasing and be in a team of sourcing professionals, owning supplier and partner relationships, defining the category and supply base strategy, management and negotiation of Logistics Statement of Works, carrier contracts, Master Service Agreements and related contractual execution activities. An ideal candidate will have ambition to grow within Lucid. You must be a high energy and impact individual with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a demanding and stressful environment of a startup. Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguities, undefined processes, evaluation of alternatives, growth mindset, and superior communications to lead cross-functional organizations through sourcing activities will be required.
- Lead and manage the Logistics Sourcing category and own the engagements at all levels with carriers, suppliers and partners. This includes ownership of all partnerships and a sourcing portfolio that enables the transportation and distribution of Lucid $50M transportation, customs and warehousing spend.
- Use functional expertise in logistics, transportation and warehouse management while leveraging partner insights and requirements to establish and execute market leading sourcing category and supply base strategies via market knowledge, carrier contacts, supplier rationalization, predictable and industry leading pricing plan, and total cost of ownership (TCO) cost modeling through transparent supplier relationship management.
- Identify cost optimization opportunities by facilitating internal and partner team collaboration to achieve year-over-year improvements.
- Partner with the Logistics Supply Chain team to deliver the most aggressive and closest-to-the-pin costing and budget (capex) projections, with the ability to standup under scrutiny while balancing both cost and performance.
- Host QBR and carrier scorecard reviews and work with carriers on a range of topics including operations, invoicing, performance concerns, purchase orders, cost savings, etc.
- Achieve established commitments on total cost results, supply, quality, claims and compliance adherence, and on-time delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Engineering or Business is required.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Logistics Purchasing preferably with an automotive OEM managing multiple global customer segments such as Tier 1 suppliers, Retail, Service Parts, prototypes, capital equipment, etc.
- 5+ years of direct automotive experience sourcing transportation logistics, warehouse services and customs and an expert in air, LTL, ocean, parcel, truckload and warehousing.
- 3+ years of operational experience within logistics and distribution.
- Extensive knowledge of carriers and freight forwarder
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English
- Demonstrated Experience in program management including critical thinking, strong written and verbal communications, and ability to lead within a matrixed team.
- Using market intelligence and trends to drive robust benchmarking and cost validation processes.
- Ability to draft a statement of work, master services agreement, RFQ package and negotiate contract terms and contract management.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.