Purchasing Coordinator43 x bekeken
Specialismes: Product Related
a Purchasing Coordinator for the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam is responsible for the acceptance and control of all incoming deliveries, maintaining an optimal goods inventory, correct storage and issue of goods.
What will I be doing?
As a purchasing coordinator will be ensuring the purchasing receiving and storage of goods and equipment on the basis of the purchasing provisions and regulations of Hilton Worldwide.
Next to that every team member at the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam will be ensuring consistent quality of customer service is provided to the guests in accordance with the Waldorf Astoria True Service Standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Management of suppliers in the Beverages area and mediation in the event of short term requirements.
- Buy goods and material at the right price, in the required quality and volume and at the right time, subject to contracts in Birch Street.
- Monitor inventory and adherence to the stocks and par stock standard
- Keep costs for damage / disappearance to a minimum.
- Calculate the monthly savings from cost effective purchasing by a constant price comparison and unambiguous proof of the above.
- Use the hotel computer system as a rational organisational tool for managing and establishing orders, bookings, minimum inventories and inventories in stock.
- Enter all external goods movements daily in Birch Street.
- Ensure all logs are up to date for goods in, transfer and goods out.
- Administer serving equipment and consumables and use the hotel computer system for efficient keeping of inventories of these items.
- Do regular checks on inventories, avoiding excessive stocks beyond budget and loss of goods and carry out monthly inventory audits.
- Adhere to the ordering and receiving schedule and ensure all orders are placed and received in a timely fashion.
- Use available reports for control and assist in preparation and real life negotiations.
- Full embracement of Birch Street. Maintain and monitor purchasing master products lists, where in place.
- Acceptance and close control of all incoming goods in respect of volume, quality and quantity, and ensure these are stored conform stock rotation.
- Ensure that all items are transported and stored to the respective storage areas immediately.
- Ensure all goods are properly received in Birch Street.
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing Coordinator serving Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets.
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written Dutch and English language.
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector.
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates complete working knowledge of the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam Service Delivery Standards.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 4,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. Not only will you receive discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
In addition you will be entitled to discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners, for example Guerlain and Avis. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Bronlocatie van deze vacature