- Your Focus: Commodity Suppliers & Electronic Manufacturing Service Providers (Contract Manufacturers)
- Supply Chain Operations / Full time
- Best, Netherlands (at least 1/2 days per week at the office)
- Job requisition id: R37302
- Posted 10/6/2022
The Purchasing Specialist reports to the EMS Outsourcing Manager and will be responsible to drive continuous performance improvement for a selection of Trimble Preferred Suppliers and Electronic Manufacturing Service Providers (a.k.a Contract Manufacturers). This role develops business partnerships with key suppliers through negotiating contracts, managing supplier relationships, managing projects, and conducting supplier selection.
This is a visible position interfacing across multiple functional groups such as: Operations, Leaders, Program Management, Quality, Engineering, Commodity Management, and Finance/accounting both within Trimble and our suppliers.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven Stakeholder Management
- Possess a solid understanding of Purchasing Management best practices.
- Candidate must have excellent team-working and collaboration skills.
Your Responsibilities Will Be
- Collaborate with Operations and Business Units to optimize Trimble’s Supplier Alignment, with existing tools or by creating new tools.
- Be creative, take initiatives to propose changes to how we can better serve our internal and external customers.
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects with key internal stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Work on defining and executing sourcing strategies.
- Evaluate suppliers based on predetermined selection criteria.
- Develop and lead RFQ’s. Analyze bids on total cost to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value.
- Actively work on Supplier Risk Mitigation Strategies.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
What You Will Do
- Achieve insight in possibilities to improve on delivery, responsiveness, communication and cost. For example by Preparing/Organizing Scorecards and Business Reviews.
- Mitigate supplier/supply-chain risk on short and long term.
- Establishing Transparency/alignment and reporting Cadence on our EMS’s Supply Chain Information. For example Cost/Spend Reviews
What Skills & Experience You Should Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree with around 5 years experience in a sourcing or procurement discipline in a technology environment, with a focus on Commodities and/or Contract Manufacturing
- Excel skills, MRP/ERP usage/knowledge.
- Experience with establishing early involvement in NPI Programs/ Projects
- Ability to analyze complex processes to help resolve problem areas and promote positive change
- High-energy, self-motivated with a desire to excel in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Proven contract and commercial negotiation skills.
- Experience with various production processes at commodity suppliers and/or at Electronic Manufacturing Service Providers (SMT Line and Box Level Manufacturing) are a plus
What We Offer
- A career at an innovative market leader in solutions (hardware/software), to transform the way the world works; sustainable, efficient and simply better!
- The opportunity to work for a listed organization with a big interest in their employees
- A competitive salary
- Ability to travel internationally
- Possibility to make use of the well-being program for Trimble Colleagues, as work/life balance is important at Trimble
- The possibility to work according a hybrid working method
- We encourage Trimble employees to make use of our internal learning platform to develop your skills, knowledge and personal competences
- Possibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
- 28 vacation days and an additional Day to reflect, recharge, and relax.
- Pension plan fully paid by employer
About Your Location
Trimble is seeking a Supply Chain Professional to fill this opportunity at our office in Best, Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work according to our Hybrid model which means working 1, 2 or 3 days per week at the office and the remaining days from home. Within the first 6 months we need to have someone physically present at the office 1 or 2 days per week.
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com.