Regional Procurement Buyer 1
Apply to this job
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
A Site Buyer who will:
- Negotiate Purchasing Contracts
- Purchase spot buys per authority limits
- Validate the ‘spot’ nature of the Purchase Request.
- Source and negotiate local contracts with selected suppliers/subcontractors
- Manage local suppliers/subcontractors
- Define purchasing needs with internal customers
- Develop request for quote
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of the contract
We count on you for:
- Respect contracts and local framework agreements ensuring consistent application of contract conditions
- Manage Purchasing Contracts
- Responsible for the implementation of contracts at the site
- Promote automation, use of e-catalogues and reduction in spot buys.
- Negotiate and select local suppliers, manage the relationships and participate in supplier assessments.
- Manages site spend between 10M- 20M Euros, works in partnership with Category team of the spend covered by Group contracts.
- Deploy and follow up central contracts by promoting use of contracts to the entire site/all relevant users
- Support site as needed in RFx preparation and contracting (based on supplier knowledge, site needs…). Emphasis on site knowledge and impact on RFP/RFQ prep
- Evaluate and Improve Purchase Performance
Improve Purchasing performance by:
- Identify and lead productivity actions with Site Management (Site Productivity Plan) and communicate/collaborate with the
- Purchasing and Purchasing Service Line, especially issues that need to be addressed at corporate level
- Frequently assess internal client satisfaction and foster ways of improving purchasing processes based on feedback received
- Manage the purchasing processes and activities
- Represent the Site towards the Purchasing and SBS Purchasing Service Line
- Act as the day-to-day single point of contact between the Site and Purchasing /Purchasing Service Line
- Meet on a regular basis with internal customers to understand and communicate purchasing needs
- Provide inputs on Site needs and priorities to Corporate and GBU Purchasing
- Forward orders above authority limits requiring ad-hoc treatment to appropriate Purchasing team
- Manage claims on site for site contracts and for category contracts, escalating to category buyer if needed
Communicate with Purchasing Service Line by:
- Ensure compliance with the provisioning channels and processes.
- Ensure all necessary information is transferred to Purchasing Service Line to manage the process.
- Manage the team (if any) and the purchasing network
- Participate in and/or manage transversal purchasing projects
- Participate in site buyer networks to share best practices across sites and GBUs
You will bring:
- University degree or equivalent by experience OR Higher education (non-university) with specific specialization
- Fluency in Dutch and knowledge of English language
- Collaboration & communication
- Impact & influence
- Analytical skills
- Achievement Drive
- Purchasing process
- Knowledge of country/regional regulations
- Knowledge on contracts
- Understanding of technical & plant processes
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Primary location: site Moerdijk (Netherlands)
- Other locations: site Oudenaarde, Kallo-Beveren (Belgium)
- Remote work possible
- Job ID 25388
After 50 years, we are going back to the Moon… Solvay Materials are making it possible once again for Humans to return to the Moon. Check here our Artemis missions with NASA: we will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon.
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you – regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity – to consider a future with us.