In a nutshell
- LOCATION Veldhoven, Netherlands
- TEAM Sourcing & Supply Chain
- EXPERIENCE 8+ years
- DEGREE Master
- JOB CATEGORY Logistics & supply chain management, Other job categories
- TRAVEL 20%
- PUBLISHED: 15-07-2022
- JOB ID: J-00251784-582
Introduction to the job
The NPR (non-product related or indirect) procurement team is responsible for sourcing, supplier management- and relationships and contracting across all non-product related goods & services globally in all 3 major regions. The team consists of procurement professionals with a can-do mentality and capable of building bridges with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
Position in the Organization
The holder of this position reports to the NPR Procurement Group category manager Logistics in Veldhoven.
Role and responsibilities
To support the NPR Procurement Logistics activities, with specialism in air freight, for ASML. To focus on achieving financial and non-financial goals that are aligned within ASML’s Sourcing organization and ASML Logistics stakeholders.
He or she is responsible for:
- Support the global category manager, market knowledge, air freight knowledge,
- Co-develop and Execute the aligned air freight strategy, realize qualitative requirements and cost savings for ASML
- Manage supplier contacts, manage and adviceinternal stakeholders
- Contracting, commercial negotiations, RFI, RFQ support
- Air freight solution design
- Spot quote process set up, ad hoc rate validation
- QBR, support, MBR permanent member
- Manage suppliers on QLTCS (Fact based supplier management)
- Advice on air freight supplier set up and implement
- Obtain internal engagement for supplier related changes and updates
- Stakeholder management
- Understand ASML business requirementsand translate to opportunities in supplier markets
- Implement structural (air freight) supplier solutions
- Easy access to own professional air freight network
Education and experience
Higher education or equivalent experience in the area of air freight
> 10 Years of work experience in a professional, international and multi-cultural environment. Excellent analyst and project manager with proven ability to successfully manage projects with a scope across the whole value chain. Analytical, structured, accurate and able to maintain overview, assess priorities and focus on concrete results. Multidisciplinary approach.
Needs to have experience in Air freight , preferable broader freight experience, understands the Global supplier market and experienced in air freight procurement. Team player the ability to successfully manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects in a multi-cultural environment in different regions
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to communicate to suppliers and internalon all levels ( operational to strategic/senior level)
- Knowns the air freight market inside out
- Language skills English (mandatory)and Dutch (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills able to convey complex messages in an understandable way
- >10 year air freight experience
- (air) Freight Procurement knowledge and experience
- Team player
- Pragmatic, analytical,
- Solutions orientated / problem solve
Takes ownership of the assigned tasks, good communicator on all levels, well developed consultancy skills combined with a result focused can do mentality. Team player who creates commitment and partnership with internal and external concerned parties. Organizational savvy; knows how to influence without power. Analytical, structured, accurate and able to maintain overview, assess priorities and focus on concrete results.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.