Amsterdam (Hybrid) /Greetz – Commercial /Fixed term contract/ Hybrid
Greetz was founded in 2004 as the first online card service in the Netherlands.
Greetz has become the dutch market leader in online real greeting cards into the online platform for personal surprises such as flowers, balloons, photo gifts and cards. From production to marketing; at Greetz you will find it all under one roof in Amsterdam. With a team of more than 140 driven and enthusiastic people, we are working the growth of Greetz. Because whatever you send via Greetz; the end result is always a smile. And we never get enough of that. Greetz in NL and Moonpig in the UK together form the Moonpig Group since 2018.
Will you be our new Sr Buyer?
- As Sr. Buyer you are responsible within Greetz for creating the best possible Gift & Flower category.
- You contribute to strategic development and growth within your product range.
- You have no trouble combining this long-term development with supplier management and bringing speed to your team on a daily basis.
- You proactively come up with ideas and improvement proposals that you can substantiate with data and reports.
- As Sr. Buyer, you are pivotal in the assortment and report directly to the Head of Commerce and have 2 direct reports.
- You build the most relevant and surprising assortment for the Gift categories you are responsible for.
- You ensure an optimal product mix within your range.
- You think about growth possibilities, opportunities and risks, customer needs At Greetz, we develop a range suitable for selling at cards, and we think a lot about cross- and upsell possibilities.
- You are responsible for sales and margin development for the range.
- You are responsible for supplier management: purchasing, contracts, negotiations, relationship management, annual agreements and promotions.
- You work closely with parent company Moonpig, in the UK to connect in new developments and best practices. This may include supplier synergy, but also collaborations with Platform and Innovation teams.
- You ensure that all innovations initiated by platform are part of your Category strategy.
- Completed HBO/WO education towards business administration or economics;
- At least 7 years’ work experience as a buyer and/or category manager.
- Preferably work experience in the e-commerce, webshop environment Retail branch.
- You mainly have experience in B2C with a focus on the gifting (gift) assortment.
- You are strong in negotiating and building relationships with suppliers.
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent planning skills.
- You have experience in leading a team.
- You are a proactive builder and know how to create speed.
- Able to turn complex data into concrete plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Dutch and English.
We offer a challenging position in a nice team and a nice organization where there is attention for each other. Given the waters in which the organization now finds itself, there is no lack of challenge and dynamics. You will also receive an travel allowance, telephone allowance, work-from-home allowance and a Pension premium of which 70% of the costs are covered by Greetz. You also get 26 vacation days from us on a full-time basis.