Breda – Interim
- Lead the tactical and executional processes
- Work in an international environment
Over onze klant
Our client is the global market leader for fresh soft fruits. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, our client is passionate about growing great tasting fruit. They own exclusive patents for many different kinds of soft fruit. One distinguishing aspect of their business is their vast experience in R&D. A dedicated team of agronomists, breeders, sensory analysts, plant pathologists and entomologists help grow baby seedlings that are then grown on family farms. Their independent growers then work with Mother Nature, using experience and know-how to get the very best out of each fruit.
- This position is responsible for the execution of the procurement plan from DEMEA with a focus on mid to long term sourcing but having the ability to react to unforeseen short-term needs. The Fruit Procurement Manager will lead the tactical and executional processes making sure the procurement plan is successful.
- This position will work both with internal stakeholders to make sure that based on meeting our compliance and quality standards, the procurement targets are met, as well as with external suppliers who need to be sourced, developed and maintained, with a focus on stable and long-term relationships.
- Your goal is to improve the service levels to customers, monitoring proper supply chain execution, securing a fair business opportunity for suppliers, as well as to look for opportunities of cost reductions and efficiencies within your scope.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the mid/long-term top-level procurement strategy for DEMEA in cooperation with the CPPM:
- Fill the gaps within DEMEA total fruit supply
- Manage the execution of the procurement seasons:
- By understanding basic production processes and essential characteristics of the production regions, lead the establishment of long-term relationship with growers/suppliers.
- Help develop and maintain long-term relationships with other business units and production regions, particularly with DOTA (North and South America), and in South Africa.
- Organize pre- season preparations in line with the procurement plan within the IBP process.
- Manage short-term fruit procurement execution with the team:
- By participating in the short-term IBP process, and in close interaction with the Operations group, proactively detect supply challenges.
- Set prices and achieve targeted margin, negotiate deals.
- Oversight of physical flow; quality on time in full; administrative back up.
- Identify, solve to, and escalate challenges within the execution of procurement.
- Collaborate cross functionally to successfully execute procurement, with particular focus on Quality and Supply Chain.
- Make sure invoices are booked and invoiced correctly, and that payments can be prepared in time.
- Set up back up plan for shortfall on own production within EMEA.
- Ensure compliance of the suppliers according to our client’s specifications (quality, worker welfare, administration).
- Monitor all administrative, accounting and commercial related processes and deliverables to all procured fruit.
Experience in production, sourcing/procurement and/or sales of fresh fruits and vegetables.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience.
Experience working in an international dynamic environment
Skills & behaviors & competences
- Ability to build long term winning relations with growers/suppliers.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a cross functional team.
- Solutions driven and action oriented.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Planning and organizing are key capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, self-supportive and service oriented.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships as both an individual contributor and team member.
- Excellent English language skills in both verbal and writing.
- Another European language is a plus.
- Travel expectations (~20% of time).
A challenging, high impact assignment in which you can make a difference. An imminent start very interesting dynamic make this procurement assignment worth your while. This assignment can be fulfilled via a contracting construction or using our payroll.
Sector Procurement & Supply Chain
Sub Sector Direct Procurement
Industrie FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
Vacatures per locatie Breda
Contract Type Interim
Consultant Bob van Dyck
Vacature referentie JN-072022-5679830