- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills;
- A proven track record working successfully in highly complex projects;
- Managing significant business growth targets for the coming years;
- Permanent position (location Almelo) with business impact;
- Besides Almelo, working on location in Gronau (Germany).
Our client URENCO is an international and trusted supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation.
URENCO was founded over 50 years ago and employs approx. 1600 motivated fte’s worldwide and is recognized as a very stable and inspiring company. URENCO believes that nuclear power is an essential part of the current and the future energy mix. The orderbooks for 2030 are filled and URENCO is ready for substantial additional growth in the years ahead.
The environment of URENCO is the opposite of fast paced. This is all about long term strategy, by timely responding on numerous influencing factors, asking the right question, engineering new technology and finding sustainable solutions. As a result, the URENCO environment is highly strategic.
To anticipate on the continuously changing society needs, the international imaging and the regulations, URENCO is now looking to strengthen their global procurement organization with some of the best procurement professionals that excel on communication and influencing competencies. Procurement professionals who can make the difference and add value to the existing team.
About the vacant position
The Senior Buyer, will support the delivery of agreed category plans through the execution of strategic sourcing projects to meet business partner requirements, maximizing value for URENCO. Contributing to the development of category plans by creating and owning sub-category plans for URENCO group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Senior Buyers will be responsible for the implementation of strategic sourcing and supplier management activities to deliver in year value;
- Contribute to the development of long range category plans developed using standard company tools and communicated through the appropriate governance models;
- Ensuring the accuracy of reporting and management of value outlooks in standard company reporting tools;
- Collaborate with project specific stakeholders to ensure change management is efficient and effective to guarantee sustainable value delivery;
- Provide the first line of supplier performance management activities to ensure sustainable and secure supply of goods and services to support ongoing safe and effective operation of URENCO facilities.
About your profile
- University Degree (or equivalent);
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent);
- 2-4 Years Tactical Buying experience (essential);
- Experience with EPC method (project planning, cost control, purchasing management and the yard organization) in highly complex projects (essential);
- Experience in sourcing, negotiation, and management of spend categories (essential);
- A proven track record of working with senior stakeholders (essential);
- Experience working across multiple sites (desirable);
- Change management and expert influencing and negotiation skills;
- Key technical competencies relating to procurement transactional planning, commercial contract management and supplier relationship management.
About the package on offer
URENCO offers an interesting remuneration package including excellent secondary benefits.
For questions regarding this vacancy please contact one of our consultants: Mr. Martijn Dekkers on +31 (0)6 82062507 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then please apply via the button below mentioning reference code DH 8485 in your application. We require that your resume is in English, and we require a specification of your current package and notice period. Naturally, all information you provide will be dealt with in the utmost confidentiality.