- Posted: 17 Nov 2022
- Cycles & Procurement
- Hoofddorp, Netherlands
ABOUT THE JOB
The Fruit Upstream is in a transformation towards the #Food Revolution where we aim to bring differentiation, excitement, and trust. Create competitive advantage with our fruits sourcing. This position will be located in The Netherlands and will report to the Global Fruit Upstream Sourcing Manager.
Objectives of the role
The job holder will split her/his time between the following missions:
- Understand the business needs of Danone in EUROPE in terms of fruits, connecting with regional marketing teams and Research & innovation (R&I) to build the strategy of Fruit
- Develop the suppliers and sourcing regions for Danone needs on Fruits.
- Work with R&I, Marketing, Quality, and project teams to support innovation on Fruits
- Support the sustainability and transparency fruit projects in the region
- Ensure that we have the right fruit sourcing in our fruit preparation recipes
Targeted profile has ideally: Passion for ingredients and fruits. Fluent in English (Spanish, Polish or French would be a plus) with purchasing, sustainability or food/ingredients related background and +5 years of professional experience in procurement or supply chain.
- Bachelor education in the field of Business, Procurement, or related ones
- Experience in supply chain or as a buyer within ingredients, raw materials, packaging
- Fluent English is essential, in addition Polish or French or Spanish would be ideal, any other language will be considered as a plus
- Robust experience in category management and sourcing
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to see the big picture
- Eager to propose solutions based on data and always following the industry trends to find innovations
- Ability to influence, open and adaptive personality.
- Evidence of strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to lead and take ownership of projects with real focus and great results.
- Curiosity, Entrepreneurship, and autonomy
- Ability to travel is a must (3-5 business trips a year – from 2 to 5 days)
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Alpro, Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary (gross yearly base incl. 12 months + 8% holiday allowance) and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products. Non factory role based in the Netherlands we also offer a hybrid working environment which enables each team to meet our people’s desire for flexibility. Across our 3 office hubs in Hoofddorp, Zoetermeer and Utrecht this helps us create better opportunities for connection & synergies across our entities, teams, functions and categories.
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status