We’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Contract Manager to help us manage our supplier contracts and provide expert strategic advice. As Senior Contract Manager you will be responsible for the commercial performance of a portfolio of complex contracts. In addition, you will work closely with delivery teams and provide guidance and advice on a wide range of contractual matters. This exciting role will contribute to ensuring that Royal IHC is ready to deliver on our ambitious strategic goals, and significantly increase the scale, reach and effectiveness of our work, whilst reducing the organisation’s risk exposure on commercial contracts. As Senior Contract Manager you will be part of the Contract Management team within the Legal department. You will be based in Kinderdijk and often located close to the project teams whether on-site or at the shipyard in Kinderdijk or Krimpen a/d IJssel (with occasional visits to foreign yards in case of building abroad).
You will be responsible for:
- Protecting and documenting IHC’s (legal) position in projects
- Management and administration of contracts in a proactive fashion and in collaboration with other project management team disciplines (e.g. project management, control, planning, engineering, procurement, SHEQ, etc.) and corporate disciplines (e.g. legal, tax, treasury, compliance and insurance) in order to support a professional and well-documented approach in the day-to-day execution of a project.
- Assist with further developing and implementing the contract management strategy and actively create contractual awareness within your project team and/or the organization.
- Review contracts, appendixes, agreements and other documents, in close cooperation with the legal counsel and support the contractual handover from sales to execution.
- Support procurement with subcontracting with suppliers and contractors (assist in the contractual negotiations of critical scope and/or components).
- Monitor performance and compliance with contractual requirements and internal (contracting/authorization) procedures.
- Take the lead in claim management in relation to certain (disputed) topics, and maintain accurate records, correspondence and logs for the (and involve legal counsel when required).
- Assist and advice on flagging, registration and monitor compliance with related (financial) security documentation.
- 10+ years’ experience with contract management and/or (technical/commercial) project (engineering) management
- Knowledge and experience of contract drafting and understanding of contract liabilities and indemnities.
- Experience in negotiating outcomes and involvement in claims resolution.
- Bachelor or Master qualification in (contract) law.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in English and Dutch (verbal and written)
- Able to understand both technical risks and opportunities as well as contractual/commercial risks and opportunities and confident to flag, communicate and/or escalate on these topics.
- Be strategic, forward thinking and an all-inclusive operator when planning and providing solutions.
- Sharp stakeholder engagement, capable of summarizing and presenting detailed contractual issues for senior management consultation.
- The ability to use well documented arguments to form a point of view, and the ability to influence others without losing focus on the end result and IHC’s commercial relations.
About Royal IHC
Royal IHC enables its customers to execute complex projects from sea level to ocean floor in the most challenging of maritime environments. We are a reliable supplier of innovative and efficient equipment, vessels and services for the offshore, dredging and wet mining markets.
With a history steeped in Dutch shipbuilding since the mid-17th Century, we have in-depth knowledge and expertise of engineering and manufacturing high-performance integrated vessels and equipment, and providing sustainable services. With our commitment to technological innovation we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
As an employer we pride ourselves in providing a challenging, diverse and development focused working environment. Besides a very generous benefits package we also equip our employees with excellent tooling.
Are you interested in the above position and want to become a member of the Royal IHC team? Please apply directly! For more information about the role, Royal IHC or the application process, please visit royalihc.com/careers or call our recruitment department on +31 (0) 88-015-4444.
Please note that an online assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC does not approve of any commercial, contractor and agency acquisition via this job posting. Proposing candidates without explicit invitation to do so is not appreciate and will not be considered by Royal IHC and its affiliates. No commercial use of this advertisement is permitted.
- Posted 2-8-2021
- Full time
In an ever-changing political and economic landscape, Royal IHC enables its customers to execute complex projects from sea level to ocean floor in the most challenging of maritime environments.
We are a reliable supplier of innovative and efficient equipment, vessels and services for the offshore, dredging and wet mining markets. With a history steeped in Dutch shipbuilding since the mid-17th Century, we have in-depth knowledge and expertise of engineering and manufacturing high-performance integrated vessels and equipment, and providing sustainable services. From our head office in The Netherlands and with 3,000 employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we are able to ensure a local presence and support on every continent.
Dredging operators, oil and gas corporations, offshore contractors, mining houses and government authorities all over the world benefit from IHC’s high-quality solutions and services. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.