Senior – Eneco – Rotterdam – 32 to 40 hours
- Supporting with the Wind Offshore sourcing strategy and contractual strategy
- Provide market intelligence and assisting developers on business cases
- Supporting asset managers during operations of offshore wind farms
Why choose for Eneco?
Eneco has the ambition to accelerate the energy transition as one team, one Eneco and you can play a role too. As a member of Eneco’s Procurement department and part of a small, diverse, and ambitious AD&R Procurement Team the Sr. Investment Buyer will support Eneco’s business and/or Eneco’s shareholder Mitsubishi Corporation, across the development, realization, and operations of wind-offshore projects.
What are you going to do?
The Sr. Investment Buyer oversees supporting the team to create and implementing the Wind Offshore sourcing strategy and contractual strategy in coordination with the Head of AD&R and the Wind Offshore Category Team Lead. With the guidance and support of the wind offshore category team, the SIB should be able to present the sourcing strategy, rationale and award criteria of his/her tenders towards the procurement board and relevant stakeholders from the ADR business units. The SIB directly reports to the Head of Procurement AD&R (and functionally to the wind offshore category team lead).
You are responsible for:
The SIB plays a front-line role towards the business units of Eneco and will support primarily the following departments:
- The Development Department, by providing market intelligence to developers and assisting developers on strengthening business cases for potential projects. He also contributes to the wind offshore Category Value Strategy coordinated by the wind offshore category manager.
- The Realization Department, by conducting procurement activities (should be able to independently initiate, coordinate and manage tenders -ITT, clarifications and qualifications stages, contract negotiations, award, and contract execution-, as well as to continue in post-award stages acting as contract manager supporting project managers during the construction of his/her projects.
- The Operations Department, by acting as contract manager also supporting asset managers during operations of offshore wind farms (i.e., O&Ms/SMAs) seeking to maximize the value of the projects.
- Experience negotiating and managing EPCI FIDIC yellow contracts, Turbine Supply Agreements and O&Ms/SMAs
- Experience with contract tendering and negotiations (strategy, leadership): preparation, coordination and management of tenders, contract negotiation, leadership, proactive report to Head of Procurement ADR, good communication skills and sense of adequate escalation.
- Excellent spend, claims and variations management in projects.
- Experience managing, coordinating and optimizing commercial interfaces of the project.
- Commercial acumen.
- Resilience, adaptability in an evolving organizational structure, independency and leadership welcomed to help structure of new organization.
- Preference for a strong project central procurement professional with a strong performance history and passion for renewables.
- Technical or Business University degree (MSc., MBA) or equivalent.
- 10+ years of contracting and procurement experience (High CAPEX/ technical / constructions contracts, FIDIC, TSAs, O&Ms and offshore indemnities and insurances).
- At least 5+ years offshore wind experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on post- award contract management of Offshore wind turbines or complex EPCs or similar contracts is a plus.
- Team player, “Can do” mentality and capacity to make complex ideas simple are a must.
- Experience with new ventures/ new project is preferred.
- Advanced negotiations skills.
- Strong understanding of the risks of the contract(s) and the potential legal and financial consequences associated therewith.
- Suppliers’ performance management experience.
- Effective communicator with proven ability to collaborate and integrate across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Hard-working / committed.
- Fluent in English (oral and writing), Dutch or Japanese is a plus.
- Able to work in our Rotterdam office, with certain flexibility. Readiness to travel from time to time to EU and Japan.
- Available at reasonably short notice (1-2 months).
Where are you going to work?
The Procurement department is responsible for the entire procurement within Eneco, divided into three categories; Professional Services, Asset Operations, IT and Innovation, Asset Development & Realization.
The Sr Investment Buyer function is part of AD&R.
What do we have to offer?
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to the position
- You will receive a benefit budget of 13,811% of your gross salary, incl. holiday allowance
- A bonus with a maximum of 14% of your gross annual salary
- A challenging position in which you can develop yourself
Questions about the vacancy?
Would you like to know more about this vacancy at Eneco? Celia Leyva, our Head of Procurement – Asset Development & Realization, will be happy to answer your questions via 06-43257544. For more information about the application procedure please contact our recruitment assistants via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying straight away? Of course you can also apply via our recruitment system. Click on the ‘apply’ button and send us your CV with motivation. You will receive a response as soon as possible. An online assessment and a (pre-) employment screening are part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
+31(0)6 216 57 524