Eneco – Medior, Senior – Eneco – Rotterdam – 32 to 40 hours
- Update and implement the Solar sourcing strategy and contractual strategy
- Provide market intelligence and assisting developers on business cases
- Supporting asset managers during operations of solar projects
Why choose for Eneco?
Eneco has the ambition to accelerate the energy transition as one team, one Eneco and you can play a role too. As a member of Eneco’s Procurement department and part of a small, diverse, and ambitious Asset Development & Realization (ADR) Team the (Senior) Investment Buyer will support Eneco’s business across the development, realization, and operations of solar projects.
What are you going to do?
The Sr. Investment Buyer oversees supporting the team to update and implement the Solar sourcing strategy and contractual strategy. With the guidance and support of the team, the SIB should be able to present the sourcing strategy, rational and award criteria of his/her tenders towards the procurement board and relevant stakeholders from the AD&R business unit. The SIB directly reports to the Head of Procurement AD&R.
You are responsible for:
The SIB plays a front-line role towards the business units of Eneco and will support primarily the following departments:
- The Development Department, by providing market intelligence to developers and assisting developers on strengthening business cases for potential projects.
- The Realization Department, by conducting procurement activities (should be able to independently initiate, coordinate and manage tenders -ITT, clarifications and qualifications stages, contract negotiations, award, and contract execution) in close collaboration with development and realization departments, as well as to continue in post-award stages acting as contract manager supporting project managers during the construction of his/her projects.
- The Operations Department, by acting as contract manager also supporting asset managers during operations of solar projects seeking to maximize the value of the projects.
What do you bring?
You work together as a team to realize one mission. You are proactive in helping to accelerate the energy transition. You create space to exchange insights and opinions with colleagues and you take responsibility for contributing to the joint plan. In addition, you have:
- Experience negotiating and managing EPCs and contracts for large (solar) projects.
- Experience with contract tendering and negotiations (strategy, leadership): preparation, coordination and management of tenders, contract negotiation, leadership, proactive report to Head of Procurement ADR, good communication skills and sense of adequate escalation.
- Excellent spend, claims and variations management in projects.
- Experience with managing, coordinating, and optimizing commercial interfaces of the project.
- Commercial acumen.
- Resilience, adaptability in an evolving organizational structure, independency and leadership welcomed to help structure of new organization.
- Preference for a strong project central procurement professional with a strong performance history and passion for renewables.
- Technical or Business University degree (MSc., MBA) or equivalent.
- 5+ years of contracting and procurement experience (High CAPEX/ technical / EPC contracts for solar projects).
- 3+ years of hands-on post- award contract management of complex EPCs and related solar project contracts.
- Team player, “Can do” mentality and capacity to make complex ideas simple are a must.
- Experience with new ventures/ new project is preferred.
- Advanced negotiations skills.
- Strong understanding of the risks of the contract(s) and the potential legal and financial consequences associated therewith.
- Suppliers’ performance management experience.
- Effective communicator with proven ability to collaborate and integrate across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Hard-working / committed.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (oral and writing) is required.
- Able to work in our Rotterdam office, with certain flexibility.
- Available at reasonably short notice.
Where are you going to work?
The Procurement department is responsible for the entire procurement within Eneco, divided into three categories; Professional Services, Asset Operations, IT and Innovation, Asset investment and Realisation.
The Senior Investment Buyer function is part of the Asset investment and Realisation category.
What do we have to offer?
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to the position
- You will receive a benefit budget of 13,811% of your gross salary, incl. holiday allowance
- A bonus with a maximum of 14% of your gross annual salary
- A challenging position in which you can develop yourself
Questions about the vacancy?
Would you like to know more about this vacancy at Eneco? Celia Leyva, our Head of Procurement – Asset Development & Realization, will be happy to answer your questions via 06-43257544. For more information about the application procedure please contact our recruitment assistants via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying straight away? Of course you can also apply via our recruitment system. Click on the button below and send us your CV with motivation. You will receive a response as soon as possible. An online assessment and a (pre-) employment screening are part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
+31(0)6 216 57 524