In your role you will be responsible for the development and execution of the Network and communication category strategy, working with stakeholders to prioritize, execute and drive value for Booking.com and Booking Holdings brands within the Technology Category.
The Senior Procurement Consultant will report into and work alongside the Category Leads to establish a centralized procurement function with an emphasis on Network and communication procurement where they will be responsible for leading contractual and commercial negotiations with third party vendors.
Amsterdam, Netherlands – ID: 27182
- The network and communication category has a scope of procuring voice solutions for CS and corporate, procuring Network services for Corporate and Edge-Core and procuring communication services for all the business units in Booking.com and Booking Holdings brands.
- As part of the Global Technology Procurement Team, contribute to the value-added centralized function in line with Booking.com’s strategic directions.
- Define and lead category plan, including timeline, future resourcing and priorities together with the business.
- Lead and manage the overall Procurement activities across Booking.com and Bookingholdings brands, including tendering and vendor management in this category.
- Own business and internal relationships for vendor and commercial management across the Booking’s Strategic vendors in the relevant Category, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned
- Lead commercial negotiations on new projects, renewals and expansions of strategic products & programs
- Subject Matter Expert and advisor for all issues regarding vendor performance including the management of this performance, third party risks, business controls, reviews, renewals and strategic sourcing
- Leads and oversees engagements on vendor audits globally, working with local stakeholders as appropriate to manage financial exposure, contractual obligations to reduce risk and to ensure corrective actions are taken when identified
- 5 years working experience in technology procurement and vendor management on a global scale, ideally with a background of
- Telecommunication or from directly within a large enterprise within the relevant category
- 5 years working experience in technology procurement
- Experience in leading commercial and contractual negotiations with Tier 1 Telecom operators.
- Familiar with Telecom products and services, includes but not limited to WAN products, SDWAN, ISDN, SIP Technology.
- Experience with tender process and RFP analysis. Able to work with contract management and TEM tools.
- Familiar with global service level agreement and able to review it independently.
- Strong relationship building skills directed at senior stakeholders across the organization
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and switch priorities with short notice
- Strong business analysis, research and analytical skills
- Able to drive change and solution oriented
- Great communicator, quick thinker & confident in decision making
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong team player
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Experience with large e-commerce or tech companies is advantageous
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to any candidate globally and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.