Senior Project Buyer110 x bekeken
Country: The Netherlands
Experience: 5+ years
Company: Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam (Schiedam)
Level of education: Master
Job area: Purchase & Logistics, Administration & Management Support
The Damen Shiprepair & Conversion-group (DS&C) consists of a number of shipyards that perform maintenance, repairs and conversions of seagoing ships and offshore vessels. These projects have a great diversity and variety in complexity (from standard repair jobs to highly complex conversion projects) and magnitude. Together, the various yards cover a wide range of different markets, with each yard specialised in certain areas, based on organisation, facilities and expertise. The sales and tendering activities are managed centrally within DS&C Holding. Dedicated Tender Teams take care of the commercial process of each tender that involves large production values or non-standard work activities. The Tender Team is responsible from receipt of an RFQ to the signing of the contract and subsequent hand-over to the project team. The Senior Project Buyer is an important member of the Tender Team.
The following description states the most important aspects and contributions of the Senior Project Buyer, who can be involved in various tenders simultaneously and may need to assist the project team in the preparatory phase of the project, if required.
The preparation, management and conclusion of subcontract and supply agreements needed to submit proposals to Clients in which Damen commits itself to perform large and complex projects within a certain budget and time schedule. Upon award of a contract, the hand over and assistance to the project team to ensure that key supplies and subcontracted services are available and arranged against the required commercial framework and within the available budget.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Review of scope proposed by the tender team to be subcontracted / supplied by 3rd parties and the applicable specifications and requirements
- Review of contractual and commercial requirements for each of the key subcontractors / suppliers (incl. back-to-back mechanisms, share in design responsibilities, partnership arrangements)
- Selection of key vendors and subcontractors capable to fulfil the specific project requirements, incl. financial stability, available resources, technical know-how and management capacity, incl. audits
- Preparation of RFQ’s to selected key vendors and subcontractors
- Evaluation of received proposals on commercial and contractual aspects and management of the technical evaluation by the tender team
- Negotiations and discussions with subcontractors and vendors to optimise their proposals
- Selection of subcontractors and suppliers for inclusion in Damen’s proposal to the Client
- Update of subcontractor and vendor proposals to accommodate changes in the project requirements during discussions with the Client
- Documentation of the agreements reached with key suppliers and subcontractors during the tender phase with sufficient commitment and validity to enable final negotiations and ordering subsequent to award of the main contract to Damen
- Hand-over and explanation to the project team of all procurement related issues addressed in the tender phase and the agreements made with subcontractors and suppliers
- Assistance to the project team to finalise the key subcontracts and supply orders
- Assistance to the project team in managing subcontractors and vendors, as and when requested
- Assistance to the project team in reaching a full and final account with subcontractors and vendors
- Assistance to the project team in receiving the proper response by vendors and subcontractors to warranty issues and rectification of work
- Participation in the evaluation of projects with the emphasis on subcontractor and supplier performance, including the internal processes within Damen related to.
- Master degree in a technical study, e.g. Mechanical Engineering
- Nevi-1, Nevi-2 and preferably Nevi-3
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in procurement in a technical project environment
- Experienced in complex (sub)contracts, T&C’s and commercial risk management
- Strong negotiations skills
- Good command of the English language (written and verbal).
Damen Shiprepair and Conversion is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 90 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.
Jean Paul van Bilsen, HR AdvisorBronlocatie van deze vacature