- Job Category: Operations
- Requisition Number: BUYER013060
- Posted: April 13, 2022
- Contracttype: Full-Time
- Location: PAC – Netherlands, Rotterdam, ZH 3047BG, NLD
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
Manages or performs strategic sourcing work to manage risk and optimize the value/resilience of material/services sourcing including:
- Establishing supplier relationship management processes and continuous improvement goals/programs
- Communicate potential delivery problems and last-minute scheduling changes as a result of backlogs, design changes and material or labor shortages by engaging with suppliers and internal supply chain teams to manage shortages and resolve problems.
- Negotiating contracts and coordinating supplier integration plans with internal and external supplies
- Monitors market dynamics that impact materials/services availability and/or pricing
- Partners with internal customers to identify sourcing needs, develop buyer/market profiles, identify marketplace trends and defines acceptable service levels
- Defines and communicates a PAC sourcing vision.
- Co-develops an PAC European sourcing strategy with respect to vendors and commodities in cooperation with the supply chain sites
- Identifies and executes on agreed spend productivity targets
- Manages supplier selection and qualification processes and tactics
- Develops and qualifies suppliers
- Leads the development of supplier relationships
- Develops and executes negotiation strategies
- Tracks supplier performance and ensures delivery of periodic scorecards
- Coordinates supplier management reviews
- Establishes metrics, reporting systems, and goals for PAC sourcing initiatives
- Standardizes vendor relationships with respect to contracts, consignments, lean processing, freight, terms, etc.
- Develops metrics and sets goals for vendor performance, including: quality, lean performance, terms, cost trends, number of vendors, etc.
- Drives the implementation and optimization of replenishment systems. Capable of leading / mentoring the teams and determining next steps
- Analyses and identifies highest potential projects and manages the attainment of results
- Analyses and improves lean sourcing transactional process practices and implements the improvements
- Develops Commodity Strategies and leverages cost models of sourced components for making effective sourcing decisions
- Monitor commodity costs and trends, including estimating the impact on future product costs
- Minimizes investment in sourced items; esp. inventory and payables
- Demonstrated capabilities to be a positive change agent and leader
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers and acts with the customer in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ethics and Values – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Communication – Communicates clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Negotiating – Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups with the ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Drive for Results – Bottom-line oriented and steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Consistently exceeds goals.
- Managing through Systems – Creates and follows documented processes and work instructions. Has the ability to simplify complex processes and make improvements in back office processes.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Creates and communicates a shared, compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose.
- Cross Cultural Agility – Understands cultural differences and able to navigate different ambiguous situations and cultural norms. Understands the business impact that cultural difference makes in the organization.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing Sourcing or Supply Chain strategies and continuous improvement programs.
- High level of senior level negotiating competence.
- Experience in managing high mix /low volume sourcing and supply chain business, in the engineering/industrial sector.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Experience with contract management and worked with Strategic partners
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university.
- Five plus years and/or related experience in international sourcing.
- Data analysis skills – Significant experience and capability with MS Excel, MS Access, MRP systems, MS PowerPoint and MS Word. Statistical analysis and software experience a plus.
- Significant Lean or Six Sigma experience required. Certification in either a plus.
- International sourcing experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both one on one and in team environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are committed to the protection and promotion of your privacy. In connection with your application for employment with us at PAC, please click on this link to view our Applicant Privacy Notice.