Source to Contract Manager (Procurement) – Amsterdam/Atlanta
Amsterdam, NH, NL
- Country: Netherlands
- City: Amsterdam
- Req ID: 476398
We are CRH, and we are committed to improving the building environment. We understand the wider impact our businesses can make in supporting human activity through the delivery of superior building materials and products for use in buildings, roads, public spaces, infrastructure, and other construction areas.
CRH (LSE: CRH, ISE: CRG, NYSE: CRH) is the leading building materials business in the world, employing c.73,000 people at c.3,200 operating locations in 28 countries. It is the largest building materials business in Europe and North America, with regional positions in Asia.
Without you noticing our products, we are everywhere you live, work, and relax.
Our project portfolio includes some of the most sustainable and cutting-edge building projects around the world. Think of the asphalt on the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, the Paris Metro Rail project, but also the Louis Vuitton Museum in Paris, parts of the Burj Khalifa, and the Kennedy Space Centre. Learn more about us through the following Link.
CRH is looking for a Source to Contract Manager within the Procurement department. The purpose of the role is to ensure that implemented procurement processes, technology, and enablers are consistent with the business objectives (global and regional), IT strategy and its continuous improvement efforts. Within the role one provides a robust user friendly, efficient, and effective ‘digital procurement’ experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Develop and drive the use of best-in-class Procurement processes and technologies for the source-to-contract sub-process
- Identify and drive best in class procurement processes and technology
- Drive continuous improvement E2E along the entire source-to-contract sub-process
- Engage and collaborate with global/regions/cross country procurement teams and functional with IT
- Translate procurement strategies and category plans into technologies/tools/processes – that will facilitate Procurement in delivering on their targets and is supporting the users
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders for successful implementation of best-in-class Processes and Technologies
- Increase awareness of source-to-contract best practices and facilitate change throughout the Business
- Drive reporting, action tracking, and process/systems analysis activities under agreed reporting frames to support business and procurement decisions
- Manage coach and train 1-2 employees to the extent that they have an adequate skill set and capability to deliver the agreed output and performance against the agreed quality.
You are a well-rounded process and/or systems professional with sound business acumen. You will support the execution of the strategic procurement agenda by providing and implementing best in class procurement processes and/or procurement systems. You are a dedicated and engaged team player who strongly collaborates within the other global procurement teams and strives for continuous improvement of our processes and/or systems. Moreover, you are an individual that does not get demotivated when things are difficult but seeks alternative routes to successfully achieve the agreed targets.
Key Functional Competencies and Relevant Experience
- Process focused
- Detailed knowledge of the use of technology as an enabler for enhancing procurement processes (incl. E-sourcing and Contract Management)
- Experience with Coupa and/or Ariba is an advantage.
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Customer focused
- Target oriented
- A problem solver
- Expert knowledge of the use of technology as an enabler for enhancing procurement processes
- Experience with Source to Contract technologies and process definitions
- Category management and strategic sourcing experience (preferred)
- Good business, commercial and financial acumen
- Able to build and maintain relationships at all levels of an organisation, across all business functions and to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with sufficient gravitas and credibility to be able to influence stakeholders at all levels (both internal and external)
- Good planning and organising skills
- Act as an interface to the region/division IT teams
- Strong influencing skills
- Travel will be required to perform the role effectively
- Fluent in English and preferably other languages (Spanish, French, German)
Your Education and Experience
- He or she is educated to a degree level
- 5y experience in international setting
- Willing to cooperate on international projects
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive salary package
- Comprehensive secondary benefits
- Significant contribution to your pension plan
- Health and wellness programs, including an on-site gym and fitness classes
- Excellent opportunities to develop and progress with a global organization
Connect your future to CRH
We are curious to learn more about you. At CRH, we believe our mutual differences contribute to the healthy, productive, and enjoyable workspace we create. Please introduce yourself and apply for this great opportunity.
Is this role not for you, but do you know someone who is a perfect fit? Please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRH is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Benefits/perks listed above may vary depending on the nature of the employment with CRH and the country where you work.