Are you up to the challenge of joining our strategic sourcing team which operates in a highly complex, dynamic business environment and do you have a buyer, purchase or procurement background and do you have experience with sourcing strategies for direct categories like mechanical, mechatronics, electronics in a demanding industry where ASML is in and do you have a technical education background? If so, then we should talk!
- Co-develop vision and targets of supplier landscape by pursuing critical technology roadmap and product roadmap in collaboration with the category manager while considering regional needs.
- Negotiate (NPI-) contracts and represent Sourcing in complex internal projects.
- Co-define and execute category strategy and strategic actions plans at suppliers.
- Manage day-to-day contact with strategic suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency.
- Prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details.
- Track and formalize (long-term) supplier performance by executing Supplier Profile reviews based on Quality, Technology, Logistics, Cost and Sustainability (QLTCS), identifying gaps, initiating improvement opportunities, developing mitigation measures, and executing Cost of Goods roadmap.
Formal decision making:
- Flag and resolve escalations in time with the category manager in collaboration with other sectors related to supplier performance.
- Head review meetings with the Supplier Account Team.
- Prepare meetings regarding make/buy decisions and supplier selections which can be reviewed up to Executive Management.
- A technical education background is preferred like a graduate degree in physics, engineering or other technical field.
- Minimally 10 years work experience, ideally in strategic procurement/buyer/purchase position in a technology intensive industry.
- Experience with New Product Introductions (NPI).
- Ability to identify and structure issues independently.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills up to executive level.
- Strong vision of supplier landscape and technology roadmap.
- Strong supplier relationship skills; continuously, but constructively, demanding of suppliers performance.
- Ability to build a strong (internal) network.
- Quick to understand a team’s dynamic.
- Ability to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to “constructively dissent” and challenge management thinking on key purchasing issues.
- Accurate and able to maintain overview.
Context of the position
We are currently looking for several new Sourcing Leads to join ASML’s S&SC (Sourcing and Supply Chain) department. When applying for this vacancy you will be considered for all positions available within the different functional clusters to find the best possible match.
As a Sourcing Lead for the functional cluster of Electronics you would be responsible for the procurement activities of electronic components, the Sourcing Lead for Mechatronics is in charge of the mechatronic modules and mechanical components while Machine Conditioning concerns the parts related to lay-out, temperature control, gas handling, vacuum systems and pneumatics.
Around 80% of the bill of material is purchased according to the high level qualified buy principle.
Interested? Please apply with CV and cover letter detailing your motivation to take on one of these roles.