In a nutshell
- LOCATION Veldhoven, Netherlands
- TEAM Sourcing & Supply Chain
- EXPERIENCE 8+ years
- DEGREE Master
- JOB CATEGORY Logistics & supply chain management
- TRAVEL 20%
- PUBLISHED: 30-6-2022
- JOB ID: J-00247580-711
The Supplier Development Manager (SDM) leads a program of cross functional teams responsible for creating QLTCS capability breakthroughs at suppliers and on business critical modules in ASMLs supply chain.
Focus is to secure ASML’s ramp-up and QLTCS needs. Activities of the multidisciplinary team include solution design, risk assessment, module and/or manufacturing process re-design, supplier capability development, release of new suppliers, phase in/phase out planning and stakeholder alignment & communication.
This all in close cooperation with senior management of the relevant Business Lines, product clusters (Development & Engineering) and supplier group categories (Sourcing & Supply Chain)
The Supplier Development Manager is responsible for:
- Identify supplier operational, capability and technical evolutions and to ensure their implementation
- Deliver integrated benefits on capacity, flexibility, quality, industrialization, business continuity and cost
- Directing multidisciplinary supplier capability and technical orientated module team(s)
- Alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Creating the oversight of initiatives, workstreams, people, time, and resources necessary to keep the teams moving forward
- Providing analysis and solution options to S&SC management regarding high impact decisions
- Communicating initiatives, workstreams and process, and connecting the dots to resolve challenges
MSc degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10-15 years relevant work experience in e.g.,:
- Product and/or manufacturing process development management in high tech, automotive, medical device, aerospace or process industry
- Supplier capability development management of Supply chain and/or manufacturing functions in one of the above mentioned industries
- Experience in building and maintaining relations with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- A combination of above mentioned examples is preferred.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Conceptual thinker on strategic level
- Strong analytical skills
- Convincing / negotiation skills
- Pragmatic and result driven
- Pro-active attitude, drive for improvement
Context of the position
Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) represents ASML’s Sourcing, Logistics and Quality interface to its external supply base and is responsible for materials availability for ASML’s factories. In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. S&SC manages over its Complex Supply Chains (CSCs) up to seven tiers deep, addressing potential bottlenecks and supply risks before they impact our customers.
It must handle the increased complexity of ASML’s systems while reducing cost of ownership for customers. To do this, S&SC works with suppliers to continuously reduce cycle time for components, modules and assemblies, increasing supply chain flexibility and customer value. S&SC also monitors the suppliers’ quality, flexibility, cycle time reductions, move rate compliance and on-time delivery reliability, driving supplier development in all areas to ensure ASML’s supply keeps pace with technological developments and can adapt to changing market conditions.
This role will involve significant travel for business (40% to 60%) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly