Strategic Buyer at Sulzer – Location Venlo area – DH8221
Sulzer Turbo Services (hereafter Sulzer) is part of Sulzer Rotating Equipment Services (RES), which is one of the world’s most advanced independent providers of repair, overhaul, and maintenance within the turbine industry. From Lomm (Venlo area) or on site, Sulzer provides it’s customers worldwide with solid, customer-oriented, and flexible support for their Compressors, Steam and Gas Turbines. At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in this industry, Sulzer owns a proud heritage of innovation and continues to evolve for the future. Join the Sulzer story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
About the role on offer
The Strategic Purchaser is responsible for realizing the greatest amount of benefit to the company while still effectively managing the costs associated with the acquisition of goods and services.
Strategic buyers must have good analytical abilities to assess the performance of suppliers against criteria such as quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate and financial stability. You will be need financial skills to assess the total cost of dealing with a supplier, including price and factors such as the costs of delivery, administration quality control and inventory. You must have good interpersonal and negotiating skills to build effective working relationships with supply partners. You are responsible for obtaining the best supplies or services at the best value. They aim to achieve cost reductions while maintaining or improving the quality of supplies and services. You also must consider other factors that add value. If a supplier offers access to technology or components that can help a company develop new products or improve existing products, that supplier provides added value to the company. You will identify the suppliers that are most important to the success of the company and negotiate long-term contracts that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction targets, delivery timescales, and commercial terms and conditions. You will monitor the performance of suppliers against contractual standards and work with them to achieve continuous improvements in costs and performance. In addition to their strategic sourcing role, you are also responsible for traditional purchasing functions. You will handle purchasing requests from different departments, issue purchase orders for non-strategic supplies and follow up orders to ensure that suppliers deliver on time. You will create reports on purchasing and compare expenditures against purchasing budgets for different departments or different types of supply.
Amongst others, your main tasks are:
- Independently execute procurement processes in your own commodities;
- Realizing the agreed objectives with regard to the purchasing annual plan;
- Generating savings by selecting the right goods from the right supplier and negotiating prices for PO placement;
- Drawing up / updating, assessing, negotiating and concluding (framework) contracts and performing contract management;
- Leading complex procurement processes and projects;
- Implementing new / updated contracts within the departments;
- Drawing up, updating and following up on your own commodity procurement plans;
- Assessing suppliers and informing the departments;
- Maintaining contacts with internal customers for the selection of the right suppliers and goods;
- Establishing (new) relationships and maintaining external contacts to keep abreast of the supplier market;
- Visiting and auditing the main suppliers;
- Co-drawing up the Purchasing strategic multi-year plan and the operational Purchasing annual plan;
- Continuous improvement of procurement-related processes;
- Checking and processing invoices from suppliers.
- Executing the strategic purchasing activities in the allocated segments;
- Drawing up commodity plans for the assigned commodities;
- Drawing up strategic plans for the assigned commodities and also drawing up the strategic plans for the other commodities;
- Making a contribution to planned cost reductions;
- To be and remain well informed of the market, prices and conditions;
- Looking for and establishing relationships with (potentially) more suitable suppliers.
For this position, Sulzer would like to get in touch with candidates owning a Bachelor’s degree in a commercial or technical direction completed with a procurement training such as NEVI, Inkoop Academie or Conducto. You have a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in purchasing direct goods and/or services (f.e. MRO, Facilities, Energy contracts).In addition, you bring advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of turbines, metalworking and/ or surface processing is desirable, but not a requirement.
You can communicate on an advanced level of business English, dutch is advide and German and/or Italian is an advantage.
You have a commercial drive, are meticulously and have a business insight. Beside a technical knowledge and insight your are a selve-starter, you are able to switch between detailed and helicopter vision and you are able to build and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers and partners.
About the package on offer:
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Sulzer offers an interesting remuneration package dependant on experience and a bonus. Moreover, Sulzer offers an opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your skills and deliver a valuable contribution to the company result. 82% of the Sulzer employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work. So come and join the Sulzer story, starting today!
Sulzer is based in Lomm (close to Venlo), which is a great place to live. You can choose to live with the benefits of a city like Venlo, Eindhoven or Nijmegen which are all within an hour of travel or in the quieter villages close to our facility. Venlo is known as a strategic European logistic hub, close to the German border, with the availability of a highway network into all directions and easy access to international airports of Eindhoven, Düsseldorf and Weeze. Located with a National Park (Maasduinen) in the backyard of our office you can spend your lunchtime with a healthy walk with your colleagues.
For questions regarding this opportunity please contact our consultants: Mr. Rob den Hoed on +31 (0)6 82634035 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Then please apply before 10 September 2021 via the button below mentioning reference code DH8221 in your application. Please include your resume in English and a specification of your current package, your notice period and your summer holiday schedule or plans. Naturally, all information you provide will be dealt with in the utmost confidentiality.