- Locations: Sittard, NL
- Department: Global Solids Marin
- Job Function: Procurement
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
His/her responsibilities include
- Define and drive the implementation of Global Procurement Strategy for SABIC’s chemicals redistribution Globally in order to capture maximum value and synergy for SABIC
- Communicate effectively with End Users like Supply Chain, Sales and Business Units, on information necessary to secure Logistics Services to meet customers’ requirements.
- Lead the Supply Chain Procurement process for global requirements:
- Through activities like assess business requirements, qualify Logistics Service Providers, conduct competitive bidding, evaluate offers, award and negotiate contracts.
- Minimizing overall Supply Chain Risks by conformance with Procurement Policy, upholding EHSS standard and code of ethics with logistics service providers.
- Contract administration, maintaining procurement budget within the approved contract value limit.
- Coordinate the terminal storage insurance coverage with insurance team.
- Make periodic site visits to evaluate logistics service providers’ facilities.
- Maintain approved vendor list, including conduct Financial Risk assessment of the logistics service providers that we are collaborating with.
- Lead the negotiation to achieve the best terms and conditions for Marine Containership and WHs\hubs Storage.
- Periodically review vendors’ KPI performance, to ensure the total Cost of Ownership to benefit SABIC’s Global distribution activities.
- He/she is also responsible to ensure Services Availability & Reliability and compliance with Government Regulations.
- Through above activities, he/she will contribute and participate in strategic and tactical decisions with Global Procurement team in order to meet short term & long-term Supply Chain Procurement objectives
- Strategy and Strategic Sourcing
- Logistics Service Category Management for the Global contracts
- Monitor the vendor performance
- Reviewing the global contract templates and preparing the contract terms and conditions for negotiation
- Contracting and Supplier Relationship Management
- Reporting, Market Intelligence, Risk Management and Insurance
- Projects & Improvements
- System Data Maintenance
- BA in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering (preferably Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical),
- Industrial Management or Economics
- 8-10 years’ experience in supply chain procurement related jobs or equivalent
- Fluent in English language skills. Dutch is a strong advantage.
- Strong negotiation skills and financial knowledge to determine result of bidding and overall value of the sourcing process
- Networking skills / ability to create long term partnerships
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Logistics
Interested in this position?
Please apply online by sending us your CV and motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. For additional questions you can contact: Szilvia Pakozdi, Recruiter via Szilvia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending on the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.