Strategic Buyer India87 x bekeken
Work Location: Papendrecht
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
Based PPD or HGV focusing on Supply chain in India, location to be specified.
The strategic buyer will closely work together with our Indian Procurement office. The Procurement India office is comprised of 4 local specialists that provide support for the Indian supply base. It is their mutual primary responsibility to ensure quality parts are delivered on time and at a competitive price. The supplied parts go directly to production facilities in The Netherlands where these high quality products are integrated into state of the art defense programs, business jets or large commercial aircraft.
- Create an ‘able and enabled’ team to bridge between Suppliers and Development and support Fokker’s outsourcing strategy to increase Fokker’s flexibility and focus on the Fokker added value.
- Professionalize outsourcing management as part of the Supplier Account Teams (SAT’s) and strategic product family team.
- Participate in non-recurring projects in early design phases to secure a competitive price and quality.
- Facilitate early supplier involvement at new products and processes.
- Perform Supplier Selection.
- Resolve purchase problems with the aim to significantly improve performance, cost and schedule.
- Develop and implement purchase and commercial methodologies to reduce cost and improve process efficiencies in compliance with regulations.
- Coordinate with life-cycle product team, other project partner representatives, and cross-functional team members, including design engineering, stress engineering, liaison engineering, industrial engineering, planning, Quality engineering, procurement, program management and materials & process technology.
This position requires a bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in procurement or a related field and ten years of experience ensuring productabillity of aircraft components and assemblies, and:
- Develop streamlined processes meeting quality, planning, and budget set for each individual program.
- Able to analyze technical and suppliers data to ensure the best result in quality, costs, supply chain and terms of delivery.
- Determine supplier conditions and close contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure delivery on time, remark discrepancy’s and central point of contact between India and the Netherlands to assure that production and processes do not stagnate.
- Performing strategically modeling to demonstrate purchase issues and solutions to all cross-functional team members.
- Performing configuration and change management processes.
- Using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Projects, to generate documentation, presentations and schedules.
- Seven or more years’ experience in an Aerospace production environment, preferably with sheet metal, metal machining, composite parts fabrication, assembly or a combination thereof.
- Ability to translate technical details into readable understandable written policy.
- Able to analyse technical data.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management.
- Knowledge in supply chain operations and best practices.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and supplier.
- Team player, but also independent.
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing.
- Analytical, abstract thinking, plenty of initiative.
- Sharing knowledge and stress tolerant.
- Service minded and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Lean Six Sigma Techniques and Experience.
- Computer Literate in Email, Word Processors, Spread Sheets, Internet, etc.
- Excellent presentation, social and public speaking skills.
Office Environment – based PPD or HGV
Travel will be required (aprox 10% travel anticipated, mainly to and within India)
Louw Schots, Director Global Procurement Offices, louw.schots @fokker.com, tel.nr. 06- 22825012
By e-mail Francis.vandenDool @fokker.com (HR)
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
Fokker Technologies, founded by aviation pioneer Anthony Fokker in 1919, was acquired by GKN Aerospace in 2015.
Fokker’s outstanding people and technologies are now fully integrated into the GKN Aerospace business. The result is a stronger GKN Aerospace business with enhanced market leadership positions, increased exposure to key growth platforms, a more comprehensive global manufacturing footprint and stronger technological offerings. Fokker’s industry-leading capabilities in aerostructures, electrical wiring systems, landing gear and services now sit within GKN Aerospace’s market-leading capabilities.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Bronlocatie van deze vacature