Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
The Strategic Purchaser Electrical & Automation/ Combat develops, improves, and ensures professional relationships with (strategic) subcontractors and suppliers. Initiates market research and monitors and reports cost trends for key commodities. Leads a category team in purchasing materials and products and outsourcing activities.
As Strategic Purchaser Electrical & Automation/ Combat you will:
- Develop professional relationships in the marketplace to understand industry changes which may impact the company’s business.
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities.
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables.
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis (Int.) national suppliers & sub-contractor.
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up/maintain/ensure a suitable (strategic) supply base.
- Drive improvement processes with (strategic) subcontractors and/or suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation.
- Ensure supply contingency plans are in place in case key suppliers are unable to perform as required.
- Develop, initiate & maintain project related terms & conditions.
- Responsible for creating unambiguous processes / procedures / preconditions for the acquisition process (project-based and non-project-based).
- Leading a category team, define category strategies, implement, and execute strategy (with relation to both strategic and non-strategic suppliers)
- Define procurement budgets for Products & Proposals department.
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations.
- Develop and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures.
- Purchase products and materials and outsource activities (specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract mgt. and aftercare).
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Strategic Purchaser Electrical & Automation/ Combat, you need to have:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree preferably in a technical direction combined with Nevi-1, Nevi-2 and preferably Nevi-3.
- Minimum of ten years experience in a technical environment with complex projects and project management.
- Substantive knowledge of or experience with strategic sourcing principles.
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Strategic Purchaser Electrical & Automation/ Combat, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen career portal or through the button below. For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered. Please note that Damen Naval is closed from August 1 to 15 and the recruitment department will enjoy their vacation in August. After this period, they will respond to your application as soon as possible.
- Reference number NL00984
- Location Vlissingen
- Country The Netherlands
- Teams Supply Chain
- Product Group Damen Naval
- Company Damen Naval Vlissingen