Strategic Sourcing Manager
About IDA Foundation
IDA Foundation is an independent social enterprise providing medicines and medical goods to healthcare organisations worldwide, at the best price possible. We recognise that in today’s world, essential medicines remain out of reach for too many people. For almost 50 years, IDA has been bridging those gaps within a competitive and dynamic commercial environment. We work on multimillion-dollar global health programmes (funded by USAID, the Global Fund, as well as national health initiatives in low- and middle-income countries (e.g. hospitals and central medical stores). IDA’s products and services have a global impact: for example, in 2019 and 2020, we delivered long-lasting insecticidal nets to help protect approximately 405 million people against malaria.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we are a global organisation with over 200 employees representing 28 nationalities. We have offices in India, China, and Dubai. We pride ourselves on our professional, diverse, and multicultural team, which is passionate about our mission and our strategic goals of universal health coverage, strengthened local capacity, and sustainable value chains. Regular training opportunities are available to meet everyone’s professional and personal development needs. Our culture is open and informal, and we believe in sharing views and learning from each other. Please see our reports (Annual Report, Sustainability Report) for more details, or visit www.idafoundation.org for more information.
In our supply base, you will be, building and maintaining strong relationships with the key suppliers to realise innovations and aid improvements in the areas of cost and services. To achieve this goal, you will collaborate closely with the Procurement Service and Wholesale departments to realise a strong data-driven, and coordinated Procurement team eliminating inefficiencies, leveraging sourcing activities and contracts with suppliers, and monitoring the overall ROI of the team.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager (direct spend) is the key focal point for all category management activities and functional procurement improvements e.g. e-procurement and responsible, sustainable, and local procurement. You will take full ownership in setting up, driving, and shaping the strategic sourcing, supplier relationship, performance, and contract management for the Procurement Services and the Wholesale business units, whilst enabling the transactional purchasing activities in both business units. You will be responsible for managing the IDA spend in key categories and via key supplier management, including access to market initiatives
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you are responsible for managing the annual plan, team budget data, KPIs, dashboards, and the work requirements for category management, strategic sourcing, contracting, and e-procurement. Professionally you will also be responsible for the quality and results of the tendering processes, supplier and contract performance as well as benefits reporting resulting in savings, value improvements, and market impact opportunities for Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs)., Our Strategic Sourcing Manager has good knowledge of health commodity supply markets, value chains and procurement practices and technologies, You and your team will be closely collaborating with the Procurement Services and Wholesale teams in Amsterdam and Mumbai, our QA/QC team and other shared services within IDA Foundation.
- Leadership and drive
- Strong communicator
- Organiser & Planner
- Takes Initiative
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or HBO in Procurement, Supply chain (CIPS or equivalent)
- 5-10 years’ experience in managing a procurement team and relevant hands-on experience with top-notch category management, strategic sourcing, supplier & contract management
- Experience with health commodities and medical devices & suppliers is a pre
- Strong understanding of processes, supply chain, logistics, and supplier relations
- Ability to manage the generation of data, metrics, and dashboards allowing setting clear direction
- Having experience and/or affinity with e-procurement software is preferable
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- For this role, we are specifically looking for candidates who are allowed to work in the Netherlands and live within commuting distance (40km) of our Amsterdam office.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a full-time contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now. For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Tanya Zein (firstname.lastname@example.org). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.