SABIC Procurement’s ambition is aligned with SABIC’s global strategy and focuses on growth and innovation. The global challenge for Procurement within SABIC is to secure uninterrupted supply of goods, materials and services to our businesses, while creating value for the business by improving total cost of ownership, leveraging buys on local, regional and global scale and by reducing procurement costs.
Local and Regional Procurement are part of Global Corporate Shared Services organization. As part of the Procurement Function, the Site Procurement Team manages best in class operational processes and maximizes value for money in purchasing and managing materials & services by exploiting economies of scale and maintaining the same high performance and service level for all customers. The vacancy Tactical Buyer hierarchically will report to the Senior Manager Procurement Benelux Sites.
The Tactical Buyer will partial preferably be located in Bergen op Zoom and serves as a Procurement business partner. Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner and fully compliant with SABIC Procurement Policy.
In general, the Tactical Buyer role characteristic is straightforward competitive bidding of Running Business activities & dedicated projects. Processes can be very complex, as specification are not always that clear and business pressure might urge for vigorous, but always compliant, actions. Main goal for this role is contracting best value, whilst serving the business needs and delivering a compliant procurement dossier.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the relation of SABIC stakeholders with their (key-) suppliers and optimize conditions both internally and externally.
- Implement, monitor and manage new or extend existing contracts according Procurement procedures to ensure material/service availability (Surety of supply) against required quality and lowest Total Cost of Ownership. (TCO)
- Project strategy planning of contracting activities and commercial responsible, where applicable in cooperation with Regional Procurement.
- Responsible and coordinate commercially EPM, Turnaround or other special projects in competition unless to ensure the best value.
- Create PO >50K€ in competition and reaching optimal and commercial conditions to ensure value creation including expediting and correct payment.
- Correct implementation of supplier relation management, yearly conducting supplier assessments as planned, manage complaint handling / claims, and respond to market movements.
- Support and commercially lead cost initiatives together with our stakeholders.
- Secure compliance, integrity and respecting SABIC Procurement policy & procedures.
- Correct administration and availability of contracts / purchase orders and reporting of savings. Ensure full compliance, and legal correctness and control.
- Provide operational support and solve critical procurement problems
- Drive continuous improvement, change management initiatives and share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization. (stakeholders)
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor or Master Degree (HBO+) in commerce, business administration, engineering or similar.
- Preferred certification in Procurement. (NEVI, CIPS)
- Excellent in process management, project management and negotiating skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or Customer service.
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
- Capability of professional time management, communicate on progress and escalate if needed.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures, processes and work methods.
- Knowledge about manufacturing process.
- Proven execution and delivering results capabilities.
- Proven communication & interpersonal competences.
- Analytical Skills.
- Cultural awareness.
- Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and writing.
- ICT Knowledge: Business management systems, ERP-system (SAP) and other dedicated applications and Office systems. (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Most relevant competencies for success in the job:
- Customer focus
- Contribute to team success
- Initiating action
Interested in this position?
Please apply online by sending us your CV and motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. For additional questions you can contact: Recruiter Ashima Dalal, Ashima.Dalal@SABIC.com
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending on the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
SABIC is a global diversified chemicals company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. We manufacture on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products: chemicals, commodity and high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metals. We support our customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end-use applications such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy. Our production in 2020 was 60.8 million metric tons.
We have more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in around 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, we have 9,000+ global patent filings, and significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia and North Asia.
In Europe, we have over 6,000 professionals running multiple world-scale production sites and 4 technology and innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (the Netherlands), Bergen op Zoom (the Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium).
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.