To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision, dare to do things that have not been done before and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
As a Tactical Purchaser you will complement the procurement contracts team, which is a separate unit within the ship-owning procurement function. The team is engaged in the development of partnerships with relevant suppliers, and contracts for the supply of (critical) spare parts. Furthermore, the team is responsible for setting up and maintenance of frame agreements for repetitive products and services.
Wherever possible, the Tactical Purchaser will contribute to continuous improvement of the relevant procurement processes, while embracing a Supply chain management vision.
In this role, your general responsibilities will be to support and actively participate in the continuous improvement of Allseas’ management system within the scope of the job, to promote a safe and healthy working environment for Allseas employees and contractors working in Allseas premises and to present Allseas as an attractive and reliable business partner and maintain long-term relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
Job specific tasks
- Perform the tendering and contracting process as assigned by the Team Lead Procurement Contracts, in line with approved procedures;
- Select suppliers and conduct pre-qualifications and evaluation of potential suppliers;
- Data analysis and structuring the tender scope in cooperation with the technical department.
- Prepare/submit tender packages including draft frame agreements to selected suppliers;
- Prepare bid-evaluation sheets for internal review and approval;
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions and pricing with vendors in liaison with the Legal Department;
- Manage the assigned portfolio of frame agreements/contracts.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Business Engineering & management Commercial Law or equivalent experience
- NEVI 1&2, CIPS, IFPPM or other courses is considered an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ contracting or tactical procurement experience
- General (technical) knowledge of industry practices
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to create and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders (technical Department and vessel crew)
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch languages, both written and spoken
- Results driven, common sense and hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of ERP and MS Office systems/applications
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply on our website via the button below or call us at +31 15 2681800. An online assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.
Workweek: 40 hours