Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Tactical Purschaser who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for the duration of 12 months.
The Tactical Purchaser is part of (one or more) project team(s) led by the Project Manager Procurement and is responsible for purchasing products, materials, services and/or outsourcing activities according to the project plan.
As Tactical Purchaser (Project Based), you will:
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities.
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables.
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis international and national suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up and maintain/ensure a suitable supply base.
- Drive improvement processes with suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation.
- Participate in category management, define category strategies, implement, and execute strategy.
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations.
- Develop and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures.
- Execute and coordinate the purchase process (specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract management, aftercare) according to applicable procedures and project boundaries.
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Tactical Purchaser (Project Based), you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical direction such as Mechanical Engineering supplemented with Nevi-1 and Nevi-2 or the willingness to attend these courses.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a technical environment with substantive knowledge of and experience with purchasing.
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning and organising, problem analysis, decisiveness, negotiating, persuasiveness, and initiative.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical Purchaser (Project Based) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal. For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered
- Reference number NL01587
- Location Vlissingen
- Country The Netherlands
- Teams Supply Chain
- Product Group Damen Naval