Den Bosch – Vast dienstverband – €65.000 – €80.000
- Optimize the physical distribution strategy
- Manage carriers and 3PL warehouse partners
Over onze klant
Our client (location: Den Bosch) is a worldwide company and leading manufacturer of technologically advanced industrial automation products and application expertise (Manufacturing and Production). From its European headquarters it operates locally in every European country and is dedicated to providing unrivalled automation products and customised expert solutions for any industry.
What will the Transport and Contract Manager do?
- Manage suppliers that deliver freight and 3PL warehousing; contractual, performance (KPI’s), process improvements, cost downs and risk management.
- Act as the escalation point for internal and external stakeholders to resolve logistics problems to ensure incoming/outgoing shipments arrive on time, in full and in the right quality.
- Tender and negotiate warehouse and freight tariffs in collaboration with the Manager Supply Chain EMEA and Sourcing department to optimize the distribution network.
- Drive the Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with freight forwarders and 3rd party Warehouse providers.
- Design and manage the optimal supply chain flow within the strategy and policies of IAB Supply Chain Management and the other business units.
What is our client looking for?
- Bachelor in Supply Chain, or Logistics Management
- > 5 year proven experience in an international and commercially oriented company in a similar position
- Hands-on experience in a transport/forwarding company and/or warehouse provider
- Proven experience and track record in coordinating complex operations involving Transport, Customs, and Warehouse providers
- Be familiar with and understand logistics trends, market activities and competitive landscapes in logistics and customs management
- Strong business network in the field of outsourced logistics
- Strong negotiation skills and purchasing expertise
- Good knowledge of customs/export control/logistics compliance regulations
- Able to work with the various INCO terms on international trade lanes
- Understanding of statistical techniques and a high level of numeracy knowledge
- Proficient in the English language, both written and verbal. Dutch is advantageous
- Knowledge of Transport Management Systems (TMS) and warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
Our client offers:
- Ongoing learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Sector Procurement & Supply Chain
Sub Sector 3pl / 4pl Management
Industrie Industrial / Manufacturing
Vacatures per locatie Den Bosch
Contract Type Permanent
Consultant Kyra Van Beek
Vacature referentie JN-072022-5685078